I NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss, thats a horrible thing to wake up to. I have seen destruction like this before. The culprits at our house were large rats. They were capable of jumping up, dropping down onto or leaping over to cages. They lived in tunnels in the ground around our chicken house and under the shed. They are highly intelligent leaving little evidence behind that they have been there. Before we figured out what they were we lost chicks, quail and bunnies the same way. They didn't bother adult rabbits just the bunnies. Does your barn have dirt floors? If not, look for tunnels outside. If it does, look behind stuff for tunnels. Use a flashlight and look for droppings and we would sneak out out night at night to see if we could see them, we did. We had a comercial chicken farm down the street thats where they came from. I hope its not rats (average size for an adult was 1 lb!) but if it is, i'll tell you some stuff we did to get rid of them. We couldn't use poison b/c of dogs and cats.