I would be embarrassed to put these pictures for the world to see.

MsPony

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thatd be *too* good Elevan! There are some true idiots out there...

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Though their pen and food supply look deplorable, the goats themselves look fat, healthy and clean. Honestly, I pass by worse goat worlds than this every day during my work hours....much, much worse.

The goats are sleek and pretty~and that's quite the compliment coming from me. :p

Maybe that is his sale's tactic....make people feel sorry for the goats so they will buy them just to get them out of there!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Though their pen and food supply look deplorable, the goats themselves look fat, healthy and clean. Honestly, I pass by worse goat worlds than this every day during my work hours....much, much worse.

The goats are sleek and pretty~and that's quite the compliment coming from me. :p

Maybe that is his sale's tactic....make people feel sorry for the goats so they will buy them just to get them out of there!
I have to agree that they do currently look good...but if they are being fed a load of bread (which it appears that may be the case) then they certainly won't stay that way for long.

And since many still have their auction tags attached, I'm betting that their condition is not the "making" of the current owner.

Conditions could be worse...goats could be in worse shape...and they probably will be if left in those conditions for any length of time. I hope it's not their sales tactic...cause that would make them some sick people in my opinion.

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My yard may look horrible (and believe me, it does), but I don't have junk metal lying around everywhere in the pen....

I would be a bit more cautious with the bread, though. Just because it's out there in the photos doesn't mean that that's all they're fed.

However, feet look overgrown, and I wouldn't be handling goats by the horns when you have a collar on them....if you wanna make them harder to handle, that's probably a good way to go about it.

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Maybe their really wild and that's the only way they can get the in close enough to grab for pics... (I'm really grasping for a positive explanation......)

jlbpooh

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A fellow goat owner knows someone that may at least be able to investigate further. We have no SPCA here, and no one seems to care about animals period, certainly animal control doesn't. Seeing that one goat with the collar scared me after seeing all the rest of the junk that it could get hooked on. My goats have NOTHING that they can get hung up on, but I still was scared and choose to not use collars except for trimming hooves or something.If someone is showing pics like this, think how much worse the rest of the living conditions could possibly be. People usually post their best pictures. I went to one farm that had beautiful pictures on their website, but it was TOTALLY different when you went there in person.

The animal auction down the road from us bugs me too. They were kicking and throwing baby goats, some of them had scours running from their tails down to the ground. They were covered in scours. There were some 6 days old Jersey calves that had probably never been fed in their lives. They were so thin that it looked like their sides were touching in the middle. There was a cow that had mastitis or something (I am not a cow person) so bad that her teat was beat red and no less than 6 inches in diameter, no exaggerating with any of this. In the summer, the ducks and chickens were stacked in crates and so hot that they were drooling. I can't believe this place can be allowed to operate.

christy_was_here

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday too...And some schmo will come along and buy them and continue feeding them bread because the previous owner told them they'd eat 'anything'.

I swear, there are some people around here that honestly believe goats eat tin cans.