Introduction. Hi everyone It's Billy!

Billy Boil

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Will do - but which side of what water are you on?
Yeah - these guys will put your flock where you want them and keep them grazing. But they aren't guardians - different job.
They sound fantastic Sage. Technically, I am on all sides of the water, so any side will do. I need dogs to warn for, chase away, and or defend the herd from black bears mostly, an occasional lone wolf and sometimes eagles. Were out here far enough so that I have not had problems yet, but it is a concern. Want to stay ahead of it. Thanks for the reply, and info about your most obedient canine patrols. Sounds like they run a tight crew!

Billy

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_075244368.jpg
    IMG_20230416_075244368.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 74

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
They sound fantastic Sage. Technically, I am on all sides of the water, so any side will do. I need dogs to warn for, chase away, and or defend the herd from black bears mostly, an occasional lone wolf and sometimes eagles. Were out here far enough so that I have not had problems yet, but it is a concern.
That's a bit evasive - with black bears you're not in HI. At least let the folks here know what area you're in. People here have a wealth of knowledge esp with the LGDs which is what you want/need.

Billy Boil

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's a bit evasive - with black bears you're not in HI. At least let the folks here know what area you're in. People here have a wealth of knowledge esp with the LGDs which is what you want/need.
Yes, it is a wonderful forum. I am so blessed to have found it truly. Yes, it sounds a bit evasive, but your guess is close, in a way.

I have pretty much settled on Chow Chow (Shongshi Quan) or Caucasian Shepherds. They are both known to be good defenders/protectors.
I try to keep a low profile, but my life is an open book, if you wanted to read it I could send you a free copy sometime. Meases while, I have given many clues already, including additional info on another post today. If you guess it, you win a free copy for sure. It has been wonderful to correspond with you , I will likely follow you, and please feel free to keep the coms open.

B.B.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, it is a wonderful forum. I am so blessed to have found it truly. Yes, it sounds a bit evasive, but your guess is close, in a way.

I have pretty much settled on Chow Chow (Shongshi Quan) or Caucasian Shepherds. They are both known to be good defenders/protectors.
I try to keep a low profile, but my life is an open book, if you wanted to read it I could send you a free copy sometime. Meases while, I have given many clues already, including additional info on another post today. If you guess it, you win a free copy for sure. It has been wonderful to correspond with you , I will likely follow you, and please feel free to keep the coms open.

B.B.
My guess is Haida Gwaii.