Is she expecting?

koalabear

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If you can build an outside wall to enclose just part of that open front, it will give them that closed in place for further protection against the cold.

I know lumber is expensive. Here, I have used shipping pallets (free) to build shelters for my sheep and it is working. I have plans for a barn, but the pallets are making good shelter.
You know, those pallets here cost 30€ one pallet😃 fortunately I have connections, I can get pellets(for a wall) and lumber for new hut for free, so it's not a problem.
And thank you all for your answers, I really appreciate it! ♥️

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad to have you here.... Let me ask.... and if I am being nosy please say so.... Your English writing is as good as anyone that was born speaking the language. Are you native Latvian? or a transplant to there? If transplanted, how did you wind up there?
I did a search on Latvia and Wickipedia has a very long and extensive amount of information. I did not read it all but skimmed quite a bit. Your country seems to be a very modern and forward moving country. You have had a turbulent history... but I am in awe of some of the other countries in the world that have histories that go back hundreds and hundreds of years compared to the US history. I am impressed. My ex-husband's father's family was originally from Lithuania many generations back but so many did not talk about it and so many records were lost during the different wars and immigration.
Your area has a fascinating past.

koalabear

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So glad to have you here.... Let me ask.... and if I am being nosy please say so.... Your English writing is as good as anyone that was born speaking the language. Are you native Latvian? or a transplant to there? If transplanted, how did you wind up there?
I did a search on Latvia and Wickipedia has a very long and extensive amount of information. I did not read it all but skimmed quite a bit. Your country seems to be a very modern and forward moving country. You have had a turbulent history... but I am in awe of some of the other countries in the world that have histories that go back hundreds and hundreds of years compared to the US history. I am impressed. My ex-husband's father's family was originally from Lithuania many generations back but so many did not talk about it and so many records were lost during the different wars and immigration.
Your area has a fascinating past.
It's okay to ask. To be honest, I'm estonian actually, currently living in Latvia, but soon heading back home to Estonia🙂 as for English, we start learning it from first grade(in Estonia, I'm not sure about Latvia though..), so I really don't know how someone can not speak it eventually when they finish school. And I must add that I can write very well, but not speak. 🙈😃 I was thinking wich country to add for my location and choosed Latvia as I live here right now due to my husbands work. But weather, temps etc are kinda same in both country..as well as our history.