It's lonely here in the doghouse!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
I agree with thewife!

I DO suggest you learn how to fry eggs. Here's how I do them.

Find something to fry the egg in. This could be a frying pan, a stewing pot, a hubcap, or a random piece of metal lying around the barn.

Find an egg. These are either in the refrigerator, or, if you have your own hens, they can be laid anywhere. Favorite places of hens to lay eggs: In your favorite straw hat, under your car, in your car, on your car and in freshly laundered clothes.

Check to see that there are no relatives nearby to criticize your actions.

Heat up pan. If you have a stove, this is a bonus. Another way to heat up the pan is to fill it with rubbing alcohol and light it on fire. Get creative. Play with fire. Mwahaha...

Grease the pan. Olive, Canola and motor oil work well for this.

Crack egg into pan. If you have trouble cracking eggs, place the unbroken egg directly in the pan and it it with a mallet. Note: Do not use a rubber mallet.

Wait while egg fries. You could scramble it, or do over-easy or something else . Scrambled is easiest for a beginner, because it requires little skill. Make sure your egg doesn't overcook. If it's turned black and started charring, or if your pan has melted, it's probably done.

Serve with a garnish.

Try to enjoy.

(For those of you who are mentally challenged, this was for HUMOROUS PURPOSES ONLY)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Would you please tell DH that? :gig
Kitty, I think you, jhm47's wife and I, need to ge together for some girl talk!

Last night, my sweet Hubby served me a nice dinner of buffalo steaks! Cooked the way I like it, cut up the way I like it, with mixed mayo and horseradish the way I like it!
I thought they were frozen.
They were semi thawed by the time he got home, so being the nice man he is, he cooked them up!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
GrassFarmerGalloway

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!! :lol: :gig :lol:
ditto2.gif

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm back in the house. Last night around 5:30, it was 90 degrees outside, and this morning the thermometer showed 37 degrees outside when I woke up in my chair. The wind was blowing around 35-40 mph, light drizzle and sleet occasionally, it was darn cold outside, especially since I left my jacket in the house. Fed the cows, and came back home. It was far chillier in the house than it was outside (if you know what I mean).

I finally went to the cafe and had some breakfast, and have been outside working in the shop ever since. Did go and get a sandwich at noon. Visited with some friends about the weather, and told them about the cows getting out and my wife blaming me.

Told my newly married friend about my predicament, and he confided in me that he really never understood the true meaning of happiness till he got married. Of course, then it was too late! lol

I wonder if the wife would go clean out the camper so I could get a good night's sleep out there. I'd need sheets on the bed and stuff, and I don't know where she keeps them. I just don't dare to go ask her.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
I wonder if the wife would go clean out the camper so I could get a good night's sleep out there. I'd need sheets on the bed and stuff, and I don't know where she keeps them. I just don't dare to go ask her.
You maybe pushing it there!

We had a neighbor call early one morning to tell us they had our heifers. DH hadn't fed them the night before and they went looking. He dropped me off on his way to work so I could bring them home-3/4 mile through the deep snow-30 some heifers. Luckily the neighbor and her 15 year old grandson helped me. He was in the dog house for that one.

I did have one time where I turned away help to get the cows back in. The cows had gotten out across the road into our hay field. They had just got out and settled over there when the breeder, milk truck, and neighbor all came. They all offered help and I refused--they thought I was crazy. I knew trying to drive them at that point was useless. I gave them 20-30 minutes to eat and then they were happy and went back easily with no help.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
You mean you didn't tell the wife to go fix the fence so they don't get again?

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The cows were out in a cornfield. We use electric fence to keep them in there, and remove it in the spring when the field gets dry enough to plant. A deer had evidently hit the fence and stretched the wire enough so that the cows could just walk over it. Wife and Dad stretched up the wire, and it was as good as new, so there was very little fix to it.

The problem was that the cows (which are normally very tame) went running and playing, and found some green grass. Then, they didn't want to go back to dry old cornstalks, so they didn't want to go in again.

Many of you are wives---just how long would you be mad if it were you? I suggested that we go out to eat at a local steakhouse, but she just gave me "the look". I think she wants to go, but not with me.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I don't know. I would have caved by now. Any offer to go out to eat, especially steak.......I can pretty much forgive anything. LOL.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think she is going a bit overboard, personally. It's not like you did anything to make them get out or left knowing they were out. Cattle get out on occassion, it's not your fault they waited until you were 40-50 miles from home.

They probably would have gone in better if they could have eaten their fill first but, seem as how it was the neighbor's field and they weren't happy with them there that wasn't an option. :(