Kid Watch Feb/March: Jenny day 138

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We've only got 2 does for this year, and the first one to kid *should* be Milky Way, but at the rate Jenny's going, she may kid first.

Pics are recent as of 2/04.

Jenny's udder. Already a good size bigger than it was, it's roughly 1/3 the size of her FF udder. First possible due date Feb. 21, most likely due date March 17th (pen-bred, I caught her bred on those 2 dates)
Photo0004-1.jpg

Milky's udder. Latest possible due date is....end of February. We got her Oct. 14, she was never bred while she was here. Her ligaments are softening, her udder is filling even slower. She's been building this one since mid December.
Photo0002-1.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0001-1.jpg

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I think Jenny may actually be a carrier for the Sable gene, or at least I'm hoping so. She's bred to an Alpine buck, her sire was homozygous white, and I *think* her dam was hetero white and hetero Sable, so we'll see.

Edit: Went and got new pics. Am I going blind or is there a pretty good difference?
Photo0007-1.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Such a teeny belly for twins...
Photo0009.jpg

Photo0005-1.jpg

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on, but maybe I should have done my kid check earlier. I barely even felt a twitch (and I'm not 100% sure I did), but I can't feel the kids moving. I can feel lumps on her belly, but no movement from them. There's no discharge, and sometimes they won't be in the same place, but if they are dead, would she abort now, or would she carry them to term? Is the movement something I should be really concerned about, or could it just be a sign of no room left in her uterus?

4hmama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sometimes, as they get closer to delivery, it's harder to feel because they don't have much room to move. :)