Kid Watch Feb/March: Jenny day 138

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I got this pic before my phone died (may have to take it back-had it on the charger all night), but this was Milky this morning. She *was* a nice red roan, but now she's a nice silver/salt/pepper roan. Her udder's looking nice, too. Much bigger than it has been in recent days.

I'll try to get better pics in a few hours.
Photo0069.jpg

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Milky Way kidded this morning around 10 am. By the time I got out there around 10:20, the buckling was already mostly dry and the doeling had been born for maybe 5 minutes, tops. Both are healthy and happy, so we'll see how they do for tonight. I'll have them maybe another 2 weeks before their new owner picks them and Milky up.

The doeling, a beautiful black and tan
Photo0081.jpg

Photo0080-1.jpg

The buckling, a red bay. He's definitely bigger than his sister.
Photo0079.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yeah...that mess...blame Milky. She decided in her attempts to "nest", she would pull everything possible from OUTSIDE the pen inside....

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Dreaming Of Goats said:
Nice kids!!!

You aren't selling Jenny, are you????
Definitely not. She's on semi-permanent lease so long as I put her on milk test this year. After that, she's pretty much mine, but there's no way I'm selling her. Her granddam was 2005 breed leader for milking, and her dam produces over a gallon and a half easily.