Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Most of you know that I'm originally from New England. Just watched the Boston Red Sox close out and win the world series in 5 games, this last in the LA Dodgers house, 5 to 1. Very well played game. My football team (Patriots) plays tomorrow night in/against Buffalo. I expect them to win that game. There were some good games today and some not so good.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most of you know that I'm originally from New England. Just watched the Boston Red Sox close out and win the world series in 5 games, this last in the LA Dodgers house, 5 to 1. Very well played game. My football team (Patriots) plays tomorrow night in/against Buffalo. I expect them to win that game. There were some good games today and some not so good.
New Englander myself.....way to go Red Sox :weee live in the south, root for my home teams always, :clap:woot:thumbsup

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Got a bit shy of 2" of rain. came down real hard and real fast for a while right before dark. After feeding the goats I squished on down to the creek and it was up just below the top of the banks. Gonna be running for a day or two I'm sure but the front is now past me and slamming LA, moving toward MS. Lots of tornado warnings up and I hope nobody gets killed. The tail end of it all is still down in Greybeards neck of the woods. Couple hours before it clears him yet. Heard from Devonviolet and they're doing OK and have about the same or maybe a bit more rain than I got. Baymule was also dealing with rain earlier but would have been out of it before we were.

@Mike CHS I expect you're going to start seeing the meat of this come morning. Hope it isn't as bad as it looks to be for you. Should be clear and start drying out here once again come tomorrow. Next chance of rain is next Monday. Temps are supposed to be substantially lower as well for the next few days. I have to pay my homeowners insurance today, due the first. Will probably pay the first 1/2 of the property taxes next month and the 2nd half the beginning of January. Also have my PO Box to pay for and vehicle registrations and inspections. Very expensive time of year for me...

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
We started getting rain here about 8pm central last night. Put all my rain buckets out for water for the chickens and cows.
Going to work right now and its pouring down the rain. Wish I could stay home! Some places they are predicting 4" and flooding. Hope no one gets it too bad.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The tail end of it all is still down in Greybeards neck of the woods. Couple hours before it clears him yet.

It had pretty much stopped here just before midnight, but we took it hard much of the day and right up to the witching hour.
"When air masses collide......."

Some of the south, especially Ky, is on track to set a new record for annual rainfall.

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Got quite the shock this morning when I went to feed the goats. April was waiting for me at the night pen gate, which is more or less normal. What wasn't normal was that she was on the OUTSIDE of the gate on the pasture side :ep I have no idea how she got out. :hu There are no breaks or gaps in the fence, nothing disturbed, and she has no scratches or anything on her... When I put them back inside the pen last night after they ate their pellets, I could have sworn I counted/saw all of them inside before closing the gate. I typically feed them inside the pen but since it's down to dirt, it's a muddy mess right now so fed them outside last night. With the rain last night, Mel spent the night in the back yard vice the pasture so he had access to the deck to stay dry. Oh well, no harm, no foul, and no coyote losses. :thumbsup

Dumped another inch of rain from the gauge this morning so I figure the total would have been around 3" It's a recliner type of day. Used to hate having to work on days like today. This type weather just makes me want to hibernate and sleep. tired.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts