Let's Play: What is He?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input and responses.

Yep, truly believe our little Rescue is a Siamese Sable Netherland Dwarf.

When you say broody, more for breeding than show? Just curious. Only "broody" term I've heard was with chickens.

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
looks to me like there's some mini satin in there. deffinently NOT purebred ND, but maybe crossed with one.

bunnylovincowgirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It does have a bit of a Polish look. Sia sable isn't recognized in Polish, but it does appear in some lines. That's such striking color on him!!!

Heartlandrabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Brood means more for breeding then show, they are also referred to as BUDs (big ugly does) and BUBs (big ugly bucks.) And he could also be purebred, NDs can come with the long ears, longer face, and bigger in body type. He looks purebred to me, just got the BUB gene.

Here is a great example of a broody Dwarf. This girl is 100% purebred, but as you can see she has the really long ears, and that snippy looking face. At 3 months she already hit over 2 pounds. I never kept her around to see how she matured, since I don't need any more broody does.
281314_1845762156191_1604786916_31517925_3710414_n.jpg

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Heartlandrabbitry said:
Brood means more for breeding then show, they are also referred to as BUDs (big ugly does) and BUBs (big ugly bucks.) And he could also be purebred, NDs can come with the long ears, longer face, and bigger in body type. He looks purebred to me, just got the BUB gene.

Here is a great example of a broody Dwarf. This girl is 100% purebred, but as you can see she has the really long ears, and that snippy looking face. At 3 months she already hit over 2 pounds. I never kept her around to see how she matured, since I don't need any more broody does.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...45762156191_1604786916_31517925_3710414_n.jpg
Thanks Heartlandrabbitry for your explanation of a Broody. Wow, even your broodies are gorgeous. :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Petit Jean Bunnies said:
He looks a little older form the picture, unless he was just going through a molt. I would guess a little over a year old.
He was going through a molt at that time. And we do believe he's a little over a year. Thanks for the input and Welcome to the forum.

K

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Sunshyne276 said:
He is beautiful, love his coloring!
Thanks Sunshyne276. Welcome to the Forum. His coloring has really changed since this time. He was molting. But have to say, I do love his coloring too.

K

Ranch Girl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Reminds me of my Cinnamon rabbit I had, FooFoo. Same color, same size. Looks just the same. I'll see if I can find a picture of her.

~Aspen