Look what I do with eggs!

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I everyone,
I've been trying to post some photos here and I just can't seem to make it work...but I do know how to do an avatar! Soooooooo, I've temorarily changed my avatar to show you all what I do with my goose and chickens eggs!
I blow them out and paint them or dye them to look like alabaster, marble, etc.! The brown/gold egg was made by me putting wet onion skins, overlapping one another over the egg, and then putting it in a panty hose toe with a twist tie. I then put the egg in the hot/almost boiling water and let it sit for a while. Then I take the egg out of the sock and peel the onion skin off! Presto! A marble egg. The other 2 eggs in the avatar are painted by me. I take all the eggs when they're done and I put them in a huge clear glass vase! They look like beautiful rock eggs! Makes a nice center piece for my coffee table in the family room! Hope you like them! Chris :frow

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you Kitty! I'm glad you liked them. :weee

As far as the pictures go....I get them uploaded in my pics, but then I can't seem to make them come on a message that I want to send with the photos. I'm just happy I was able to change my avatar and put the eggs there instaed of ol' Brutus.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Are you using photobucket? There you use the "IMG Code" Just copy it and paste into your message. Many of the other sites it's pretty much the same from what I understand.

pokacow

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
OOOhhh, those are gorgeous!! How did you think of the onion skins? Something for me to do in the winter! I'm anxiously waiting for word that Rosie took, then I will have my COW!:D Jody

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ki Jody,
a lady friend 2 farms up showed me this. You can also dye gorgeous eggs with beet juice. Save the left over juice . You can sprinkle embossig powder on egss and then heat it up with a hair dryer, the results are pretty amazing. Some of my eggs I use sfo polish. I use a rag to buff them, and then pledge to shine all of them.
Good ;uck with Rosie Chris

pokacow said:
OOOhhh, those are gorgeous!! How did you think of the onion skins? Something for me to do in the winter! I'm anxiously waiting for word that Rosie took, then I will have my COW!:D Jody

jorgea

Reaction score
That is really a fine idea on what you did with these eggs.

craneman54

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I everyone,
I've been trying to post some photos here and I just can't seem to make it work...but I do know how to do an avatar! Soooooooo, I've temorarily changed my avatar to show you all what I do with my goose and chickens eggs!
I blow them out and paint them or dye them to look like alabaster, marble, etc.! The brown/gold egg was made by me putting wet onion skins, overlapping one another over the egg, and then putting it in a panty hose toe with a twist tie. I then put the egg in the hot/almost boiling water and let it sit for a while. Then I take the egg out of the sock and peel the onion skin off! Presto! A marble egg. The other 2 eggs in the avatar are painted by me. I take all the eggs when they're done and I put them in a huge clear glass vase! They look like beautiful rock eggs! Makes a nice center piece for my coffee table in the family room! Hope you like them! Chris :frow

Those look great. Do you empty the shells or leave them raw? I saw somewhere people have a way to get the eggs emptied and then painted or carved a designed in the shell.

Great work anyway.