Look what we had in our pasture Sunday morning!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I think my geese have told the honkers this is a good place to hang out! In the past, I would get a couple in the field by the house, but this past Spring I had a bigger flock hanging out!
It was kinda cool, I could look out to see the honkers, the wild turkeys, and my guineas all in the same field! Everynow and then a few chickens would make their way through the scene!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I would make a pretty picture if I could get through the goose pen, with my camera and without the geese telling them I was coming!
Here's just a sliver of the view! I didn't even make it to the fence before most of the turkeys headed for the hills!

theview.jpg

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have read that some conservation entities have been taking the eggs from captive whooping cranes and putting them into the nests of sandhills. The sandhills will raise the whoopers, and the whoopers migrate along with the sandhills. Quite a novel idea.

MikkeyP

Just born
Reaction score
When you first hear the cranes fly over, their calls are so wierd...The kids say they sound like what they think pteradactyls sounded like. ha!!!
Its just really cool to see them and hear them. I tell my kids they are so fortunate to be able to see wildlife like that. We have lots of bald eagles around here and I tell them they are lucky about that too.
MikkeyP