Lost my doeling to a horrible accident. New ?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Thank goodness for the free ranging. That is what kept her healthy for sure. At least he did take her to the vet. That is great that you got her. I'm sure Oliver will be very happy. :D

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new doe, no matter what breed she is.

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I bought a beautiful buck not long ago that was also adveritsed as a Nubian. When I saw him I knew that he had Nubian in him, but he also had Alpine and the expected airplane ears from that cross. Trying to convince someone that they don't have an unregistered pure bred is sometimes difficult.

Chris

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
oh taraan, I'm so sorry :'(

We havent talked for ages and now I log back on to see this :(

On the other hand, this

taraann81 said:
Anyways so now I have my 100 dollar dairy cross who is possibly pregnant by a buck that appeared to be part Ewok.
made me lol. Glad to see you havent given up on goats, and havent lost your sense of humor.

As far as leaving collars on, I have had a similar experience, and I too should have known better. But, I lost my best Boer show doe, a girl I paid $2500 for, a direct embryo imported from South Africa and recip'd by the best stud in this country. I left a collar on her overnight and she hung herself from a tree.

Hope Ollie is getting along ok with the new girl, would love to see pics of her. Dont worry, she will be just fine when/if she does kid, and if she has problems you are more than capable to help her out.

:hugs

taraann81

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi usernametaken!

Yeah it was a pretty tough loss but we have rebounded from it.

Our new girl is very sweet, I am so curious to find out if she is pregnant. I am starting to doubt it.

Her udder has shrunk since we got her it which sort of confuses me. I hadn't asked when she had kidded last(sometime this past spring though) and they had no idea if she had been bred, so again no idea when she would kid if she was.

But on the other hand we have had her for about 3 weeks now and I haven't noticed any signs and symptoms of a heat.

Well here she is, my very uneducated guess is saanen/nubian. What do you thinks?

Thanks for the support.

510_oliver_059.jpg

510_oliver_060.jpg

Sweet Cheeks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She looks so SWEET!!!!!

LOVE her chinny whiskers. The goat we had growing up had them.

Will my Reg Nubians get them as they age? 6 months old and no whiskers.

Thanks for sharing pics.

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She is lovely. With her airplane ears, and some what small size (at least that's how she looks in the pictures) I would guess Saanen x Nigerian=Mini Saanen.

taraann81

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Your right she is somewhat small. Not nearly as tall as a nubian. I just guessed Nubian crossed with something due to the airplane ears(which I love).

Kimmyh would that cross cause her to have airplane ears?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I have no idea but she is adorable. I bet you are enjoying her and I bet your wether is very happy to have a friend. :)

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Any long eared breed crossed with an erect eared breed can and usually does have airplane ears. If she had a roman nose I would suspect part of her was Nubian or Boer, but I didn't notice a roman nose, so my guess was Saanen x Nigerian.

Latest posts