Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank yall for the kind words. I honestly had been repressing so much to get through my last two weeks before I left and when I finished that last shift it all came bubbling to the surface. Hence the short story I wrote. I was so angry.

The only reason I stayed as long as I did is because I needed a new job first and that took a few months. But gonna be working away from animals at a local health food store which Ive loved for years and so far its going well.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds wonderful!

Yeah, I get it, just having to suck it up at the old job for a while until a new job is in place. You gotta do what you gotta do. But it’s worth it in order to get to a better place.

Ha ha, I bet the clientele at the health food store will be much more conscientious people!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you had to go through all that. Some people are just plain terrible no matter what the situation is. You unfortunately had to work for them for awhile.
People like that are what JQ Public think breeders are. Very sad, because those are the exact people that I, and others like me, have to counter-act, and re-educate JQ Public about what responsible breeders are. Unfortunately, like all other things, JQ Public is not very receptive to learning the good things, and mostly just want to hang on to the horror stories and sing the praises of rescue. :(
Not down on your post, or what you've said at all (please don't get me wrong because I'm posting this), I'm just currently in the thick of raising a litter (last litter was 15 yrs ago) and have less and less time to do anything except work with, train, socialize, and of course the inevitable clean up after them. Something new every day, training every day, play etc. If someone said I made money at this :lol: --I'd make more sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee. :)
PS -- and I know you know all that as well. :)
LOL -- mine are 6 weeks old - come on over!!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just realized it's been a few years since I last heard from you. So sorry you got yourself in that position, but also happy you got out of it.
Sometimes it really does suck when you are sitting there in the thick of it and trying to keep a positive opinion because you know it makes showing up to work easier, but things aren't going well.
Glad to hear you got yourself into a much better job for you.