Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So many fireworks and gunshots. Leonidas is scared of the sharp "crack" on gunshots and the concussive shells. Poor pup, you're going need to get over it.

Everyone is put up for the evening and I figured out one way dogs are getting out. Apparently, they can suck in rib cage enough to fit thru a 6"x10" gap in cattle panel that was my hay feeder.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a swanky dog retreat. You have done a fantastic job on making them a nice place for summer or winter. Some hay to snuggle in the winter and they will be all set.

Out again. ☹️. The only answer I have for you is tight fence and hot wire on it. The back part that floods may just have to be fenced off. Or get the outer parameter fenced and section off the flooding part, use it only in the dry summer.

I cut a hole in the back of my chicken coop once for the chickens to come and go into their run. I opened the door to their covered run for the chickens to go out in the yard. Paris stole the eggs and that was my solution. Nope. Paris squeezed her Pyrenees self through that chicken hole to eat their feed and search for eggs. I feel your frustration. Don’t give up, you really are smarter than the dog, although sometimes it doesn’t feel like it.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So Hera pushed and snapped the old tie wire I grabbed to hold panel over hay feeding hole.
P_20240705_010913.jpg
She is home now. Each dog has a cooked ham bone. I put Hera's on soaked concrete slab but she took it outside. Hopefully she will use slab if she gets hot vs trying to get out again. 🤞
P_20240705_082831.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't understand Hera. She came when I showed up and freely got in the truck without additional commands or leash. So she doesn't hate me...

Last night I fed them both in home acre and left gate open between that and paddocks. They both explored then settled for the night and got along okay with Biscuit since no sheep were involved. This morning Hera greeted with tail wags as I went about moving the sheep. I put Biscuit in the house and led the sheep into home acre to graze all the tall stuff. They are HAPPY and the LGDs are happy. Not sure what to do long term...