Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like a workman’s comp safety first, avoiding a claim to me! LOL Be sure you sit down immediately if you feel dizzy. Then HR lady will want to know why you are sprawled out on the ground…….
Yup! Covering their butts by telling you to sit down before passing out.

Ugh to mold around HVAC. Could thAt be part of the problem? Allergy to mold?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got more work done in kids' bathroom. The plain solid wood boards are just tacked up with brad nails. I need to find studs and secure but I'm worn out. I also need another couple primed finger joint 1x6 for trim. P_20240803_194302.jpg
P_20240803_194324.jpg
Support board for reinstalling hand rail / towel bar. Covers gaping holes from sheet rock anchors nicely. 😉
P_20240803_200446.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s hard to find studs in a mobile home. In Lindale I turned a coat closet into a pantry, couldn’t find a stud in it at all, not even in the corners with a long nail. I have no idea what was holding the walls up. I wound up putting 2x4s in the corners with 2x4 cross pieces on the sides and shelf boards screwed down to keep it from falling on me. It turned out very sturdy and made a nice pantry.

Don’t even get me started on the doublewide I have now. 2x2 rafters hold the roof up!

I rebuilt all the closets, took down those crappy wire racks and put up those triangle shaped brackets. They accommodate a 1x12 shelf on top and have a hook on the end for a clothes pole. I ran 1x4’s from corner to corner for the bracket screws to have something to screw into. Sometimes you have to be inventive.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s hard to find studs in a mobile home. In Lindale I turned a coat closet into a pantry, couldn’t find a stud in it at all, not even in the corners with a long nail. I have no idea what was holding the walls up. I wound up putting 2x4s in the corners with 2x4 cross pieces on the sides and shelf boards screwed down to keep it from falling on me. It turned out very sturdy and made a nice pantry.

Don’t even get me started on the doublewide I have now. 2x2 rafters hold the roof up!

I rebuilt all the closets, took down those crappy wire racks and put up those triangle shaped brackets. They accommodate a 1x12 shelf on top and have a hook on the end for a clothes pole. I ran 1x4’s from corner to corner for the bracket screws to have something to screw into. Sometimes you have to be inventive.
Mobile homes, double wide, manufactured homes are all designed different based on the years they were built. Wasn't till president Gerald Ford stepped in, in 1974 and adopted National Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act that anything built after 1976 had to meet HUD codes. In 1994 is when the third zone requirement of manufactured homes was enacted cause of hurricane Andrew from 1992.
Zone one was for places with up to 70 mph, zone two is for up to 100 mph winds. In 99 they required all mobile homes to have tie downs and it wasn't till 2009 that HUD created a national standard for mobile home installation.
Yes I know mobile homes inside and out right down to decoding the manufacturing build sheet.

It's not the size of the lumber used to build the structure, it's how the grains are placed and the quality of the lumber. Two 2x4's are stronger than one 4x4 when placed correctly even though the dimensions of two 2x4's is smaller than a 4x4. I've demolished tons of mobiles homes and RV's after wind storms, hurricanes and tornado's learning why they failed was blatantly obvious and how one could improve was easily seen.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bought some cattle panels to put across section of hinge joint fence that has been squished multiple times by falling limbs along road frontage. I couldn't get it to straighten to full height with spreader bar and hubby's truck. Too old and damaged. Fingers crossed that both LGDs stay in with sheep that are grazing the home acre.