milky urine in mare

Valley Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
sorry incomplete post there. Speaking to some local horse owners and they told me that often times if a horse ingests sand they'll get diarrhea from that. They also said usually a weeks dose of sand clear will fix it. So we put her on that and it did clear up the diarrhea.

Also we did the pregnancy test and it came out negative. Has anyone had experience using the human tests on horses?

FlipFlopFarmer

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
cloudy urine for my mares is " in season" or dehydrated, i look to behavior to decide, I usually just feed, throw in some loose electrolyte and offer fresh water in a smaller bucket if its the ladder of the two.

skruck

Just born
Reaction score
Books I've read say horse urine normally has a lot of mucos in it and can normally look cloudy and turbid. It also has lots of minerals and salts in it normally.

meg09

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Water, pedialyte wouldnt hurt and ut sweet so usually they like it. I have a barrel mare and she would never ever drink from a trough at an event, I always was worried she would get dehydrated esp in 90-100+ weather, so I would buy her gatorade and a bottle of water at the snack shack and id drink the water- shed spiit it out, and put the gatorade in the water bottle and sure enough shed drink it lol. Of course if you are worried shes really dehydrated a vet could always come out and pump fluids into their stomach ir iv. Good luck! * I meant to rehydrate a horse*