Mini donkey baby is here!!!! Adorable little boy!

zatsenoughcritters4me

Many Critters
Reaction score
My baby is here! a little boy born this morning, woke up at 6am to this little guy!!! happy, healthy, and already getting frisky! annabelle is such a good mommy. if he strays to far away from where she wants him, she pushes him in the right direction with her nose!! Its so cute!!! Just wanted to share my pictures!!
anyone with name suggestions?? mommy is annabelle, and father is malachi.
newbabydonkey032.jpg

newbabydonkey028.jpg

newbabydonkey031.jpg

newbabydonkey030.jpg

My minature donkey is making a bag, she is due, we had a bad experience 2 years ago, when we bought her she was bred, and fed white bread from the day old bakery cause they were out of hay. she has a neck roll that has never gone away, we do well to keep it monitered. She was inbred by her own father also, and when the baby was born he lived 24 hours, the vet said the poor nutrition had a lot to do with it, and the inbreeding could have also. she is bred with my jack, totally unrelated!! Malachi. Her name is annabelle.
I am hoping for a healthy baby donkey, we have taken very good care of her and our vet says she is very healthy.
So.... Good vibes for a healthy donkey!!!
turkengrownup008.jpg

annabelle.
camera2007410.jpg

annabelle and malachi
camera2007634.jpg

and my grandson on my malachi
we are keeping them separated now and waiting.....!!!!!

appytaz

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:celebrate new baby to be!!!

Your jack looks just like mine!! How tall is he? JJ is 32" - and just BRATTY!!!

Can't wait to see baby pics!

zatsenoughcritters4me

Many Critters
Reaction score
appytaz said:
:celebrate new baby to be!!!

Your jack looks just like mine!! How tall is he? JJ is 32" - and just BRATTY!!!

Can't wait to see baby pics!
I think the last time I measured him he was 31"
that was a while, he is a brat too! Very upset to be separated from his annabelle!
I hate waiting! she has this little poochy bag starting, the last time when the bag filled up she had the baby the next day! We check several times a day for any change! Still the same....
atlantamemorialdaystuffsundaymay24t.jpg

she went from being flat with just her teats hanging down, to this...
anyone have any time estimates??? I know goats make a bag sometimes a month before!

StacyV

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Has she had the baby yet??

I am going to post pics later of my female miniature donkey. We got her back in March. The people we bought her from stated she was bred and do in mid April. Well April came and went and no baby. She is now looking very big around the middle and I am not sure how to tell if she is pregnant or not. I have tried feeling and don't really feel anything. She has not bagged up. Any for sure ways of telling if she is pregnant??? She is definitely getting very wide.

StacyV

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Also...if anyone has a good picture of their pregnant Jenny could you post it for me...just for a comparison. Thanks!