Mini Mini Fainter?

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I bought a fainting buck from a woman online (first mistake). She said he was born in Nov, and I bought him around Feb. He was small for his age, but I thought fainters were slow growing so I didn't think much of it. Now it's almost June and he's not grown more than out. He's a fat little guy, that's for sure. His horns are growing at the rate appropriate for his age, so I don't think he's any older. My question is, how small can myotonics be? He's around the size of a pygmy, and a young one at that! Will he ever grow up? (literally)

Teeah3612

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The Fainters that I have seen have all been small goats. My buck is a Fainter/Nigerian Dwarf cross and he is about knee high. His dad is not much bigger and he is a pure bred Fainter.
This is Peanut at Christmas. He was four months old.
4859_peanut_001.jpg

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here he is at about 7 months old. He's a chubby little thing, and already has a nice pair of boy parts for his age. He seems so small to me!

035-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Edited to add that the goat next to him is a 4 week old LaMancha kid, for size comparison.

allanimals21

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
He could very well be a cross. I breed fainters and I know some people like to cross pygmys with fainters. Not all fainters are small. My one doe weighs 89lbs. A friend of mine has bucks that are 150 plus. If he isn't registered as a purebred there is a good chance he could be mixed. Cute little guy though!

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I saw his mom, and she was definitely a fainter. Plus, if they faint, doesn't that mean they are purebred, since the gene is recessive?

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I saw his mom, and she was definitely a fainter. Plus, if they faint, doesn't that mean they are purebred, since the gene is recessive?

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Has he fainted?
If he doesn't faint then his dad could be Pygmy.

Latest posts