Mosquitoes

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
doubled said:
In my case its mostly for me, but I dont like to see any animal I'm keeping in stress, they are constantly flipping their ears and the bugs land on the corners of their eyes. So I guess its both for them and me. I don't cuddle my animals they are for eating not petting but I do take good care of my animals......
So, do you net your set-up, or are they indoors?

Legacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't have a mosquito problem because I have a lot of chickens. Maybe that would be an option. Even a few chickens might help.

kayla_sayswa

Just born
Reaction score
How much area are we talking? Could you build a pvc hoop structure to cover the cages all the way to the ground with netting, just for the mosquito season?

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
No, I have no more money to spend on the animals. :(
Wish I did.

I have chickens & I still have mosquitoes, they only free-range a few days a week.

Legacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My rabbit cages are in my chicken pen. It's very large and has a lot of trees for shade, so it's really the only place we don't have to worry about mosquitoes.

doubled

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
norcal said:
doubled said:
In my case its mostly for me, but I dont like to see any animal I'm keeping in stress, they are constantly flipping their ears and the bugs land on the corners of their eyes. So I guess its both for them and me. I don't cuddle my animals they are for eating not petting but I do take good care of my animals......
So, do you net your set-up, or are they indoors?
I use the timed sprayer with mosq./fly spray, goes off every 15 minutes, I have 40 to 60 rabbits, they are all outside in wire cages under an open on all sides pole shed. 20' x 25'. :thumbsup