Ms. Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
SuburbanFarmChic said:
I believe that he will always be with you. Family friends of ours lost their son (that I went to school with) when we were both in 8th grade. It was an act of stupidity. Young kids, alcohol and he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Simple stupidity with so many what if scenarios were attached to it. The anniversary of his death was last month and his family still gets together to talk about him and celebrate his life and this is nearly 20 years later.

I do know that moving helped his parents to cope with the loss. They came close to separating a couple times but have worked through it and stopped directing their anger at the situation at each other. I think so often couples look for someone to blame and the spouse is convenient. So keep on with your farm plans and when you find your perfect property maybe name it after your son, or donate to an animal rescue in his name, or purchase books about animal care and donate them to a library. That's one of the things that my friend does. She was a teacher and her son passed in Sept which is the start of the school year. She buys several boxes of books and school supplies and donates them in her son's name to the elementary school where she used to work.

I think we all find little ways to remember those we have lost. Letting go of the anger is a big step and good for you for taking steps to do that. Even if it means not getting "justice". You are not "Mrs. Research" for nothing. Why don't you write a pamphlet on the early warning signs of Luekemia?
Thank you truly for your kind words. Thanks so much for your suggestions to help keep Henry's memory going. :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Update on our New Bunny Willard.

I think after the time we have him that Willard is more than 8 months. He looks more like 1 year. I know Dr. Joe can give us a better estimate of his age by looking at his teeth.

But it doesn't really matter. Whatever age he is, he's staying. He has this sweet way of when he looks at you, and you talk to him, he tilts his head a bit like he's listening. That move got DH hooked and Willard a new home.

Home today, not for Columbus Day, but because the Van is down again. It kept stalling on me. Worked all weekend to get it started. Worked some more today. Got it running, but it still not right. Going to less one car for a while. DH can only do so much. So back to the shop she goes. :(

Willard's presence unfortunately is upsetting Kreacher. Our little black bunny is not really happy that another bunny is somewhere in the house. Kreacher has started marking again, so he will be restricted in his indoor runs so I can watch and break this marking habit. Not going to introduce them yet. In time, since Kreacher is showing his dominance as the Head Bunny, it will be a very careful meeting. DH and I realize that they might not get along ever. If keeping them apart, having separate runs inside and out has to happen, so be it. Should be interesting how it all works out. I've read about this, but seeing it is something all together different.

eta: We couldn't leave Willard in that $5 Yard sale cage. It just wasn't big enough for him. So we did go out and get a proper crate for him. Put it on top of the Boy's crate. Already had a litter box. The boys used it (corner one) first, but they got to big for it. Realized why the towel in front of it was so wet all the time, when I saw their little butts hanging over the edge. Had the litter box training down, but just too big for the one they had. So this one I stored for future rabbit use. Willard just loves it. Fits perfectly in his new digs. DH and I felt better when we watch his stretch out comfortably.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Willard is enjoying his new digs. He's relaxed so much that now when DH or I reach into his crate, he tentatively approaches to take a sniff. Though we can pick him up with no problem and he settles really well in our arms when holding, I'm glad to see that he's not stressed so much with us working in his crate. I think the bigger crate makes a difference. He's settled in and made it his own.

Kreacher is another matter. He now is chewing on his wooden enclosure. I think this is a combination of new bunny in the house and adolescent. I keep forgetting just because they were neutered they are still going through their "teenage" months. Dobby seems like he's just going along with the flow. No marking or destructive behavior from this bun. Teenage months will pass. Hoping the "new bunny in the house" attitude goes away too.

Bunnies. :rolleyes:

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Hopefully this will pass and they will all be able to get along when you intrduce them to each other. :fl Waiting on pictures! ;)

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Oh I see now, she gets away with no pictures but I have to make them ready as fast as I can....:tongue

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
77, you are a cry baby poopie pants sometimes.

Ms, I do believe we need so see pics to hush CERTAIN PEOPLE up... ;)

Congrats on the new bun.

redtailgal

Reaction score
77Herford said:
Oh I see now, she gets away with no pictures but I have to make them ready as fast as I can....:tongue
Of course she does. And your point is.........??? :lol:

I have never had rabbits, other than um, meat style. shhhh. dont tell your bunnies.

I never knew that they had so much personality, lol

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
To stop the crying poopy pants. :lol:

Here's Willard

4459_bunnys_282.jpg

And yes Redtailgal, bunnies do have personalities. Just like goats.

Here's my jealous guy. Giving me kisses! :)

4459_bunnys_264.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.