My hatch-Chicken chicks & new silkie cross chick

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My hatch was due yesterday, nothing. I'm sitting here at the computer, this morning, reading things and all of a sudden, there's really loud chirping! It was so loud that I thought one must have hatched even though it hasn't been an hour since I checked them. I went running in there to see and none have hatched yet but, that one sure has good lungs!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
how meny eggs are in the bator.let miss peanut talk to the eggs an maybe they will hatch.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
22 eggs in the bator.
1 has pipped and started zipping but, there was a drop blood and it has stopped--for now.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a little black chick. :bun It's a different one than the one that started and is resting. I was surprised as I had not seen any pips or anything from that egg. It is in there talking loudly to the others. I tried a pic but, it's in the center by the tower for the bulb and I can't get anything but, light. When it moves toward the outside more I'll get a pic and post it.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's the pip I'm watching.
1stpip2ndhatch.jpg

And the first hatched chick.
1st2ndhatch.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The one that had pipped and was waiting is working a little more and I have another one pipped. :fl

I had thought the first one was out of one of the brown eggs but, upon shinning the flashlight in there I see it was one of the EE eggs. The other two are also EE eggs. I have 9 EE eggs and 13 brown eggs in there.

Latest posts