My hatch-Chicken chicks & new silkie cross chick

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So far things are still holding.

Imissmygirls, there was a leghorn roo in with my original chicks. Can't say as if I care for leghorns judging by him. I was told that his behavior was normal for a leghorn. So, I feel for you. :hugs

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The one that pipped at the wrong end I'm still waiting for. It's resting and seems fine so, I'm assuming it's still absorbing it's yolk.

Here is a pic of the first one. I have moved it into the temp brooder.
chick1.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Very cute and very lonely. I've put a stuffed animal in with him/her and it's not impressed. Hopefully, the other one finishes hatching soon and then it will have a friend. I'm afraid they maybe the only ones that hatch. :(

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That should help. When I got my bunny that's what I did. Put a stuff one in. Matter of fact it's still with it. It sometime lays on it and sleep with.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Chick #2 hatched but still is attached to the egg by imbilical cord. I moved it into a dish and into the broader hoping that it would help calm them both down as they were both peeping loudly. The #1 to hatch looked over the side and has settled down. #2 is still talking but, not like before.

chick24-5-2009.jpg

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
144_05052009_002.jpg
Here is willy and ms.kitty hard at work. while I was doing the flower bed.