My hatch-Chicken chicks & new silkie cross chick

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i know an i have no prob eating something i raised.even a cull bull calf from 1 of the reg cows.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I agree!!!! That's what I trying to do. I went to one killing of chickens, wasn't to bad. They do the chicken( ringing of neck)I have another freind. that I meet on line here Thanks to Framer Kitty. She lives about 30 mins. from here. We got together at a swap meet. First one I've been to SOOOOOOOOOO COOL. Doesn't take much to excite me. :lol:
Anyway, she says she cuts the throat. So I asked if I can be here when she does hers. So , how do you do yours.??????

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Cut throat.

How did I play a part in you meeting someone by you?

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I asked about Fl. and you gave me the thread, I wrote a message and we became freinds. And she has chickens that she raises too and both for eggs and meat. So I asked about how she dresses them . Because I hope that one day I can live off the land more than I'm doing now. Winn Dixie is where I shop now. But with the garden and chickens eggs I have 2 down. And lots more to go. And with this group I see no problem getting there one day!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
m.holloway said:
I asked about Fl. and you gave me the thread, I wrote a message and we became freinds. And she has chickens that she raises too and both for eggs and meat. So I asked about how she dresses them . Because I hope that one day I can live off the land more than I'm doing now. Winn Dixie is where I shop now. But with the garden and chickens eggs I have 2 down. And lots more to go. And with this group I see no problem getting there one day!!!!!!!!!!!
I see. I'm glad you have found someone close. :)

Jae~b

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
m.holloway.... I saw your post just now about being from florida. Not sure where Inverness is. I live about 45 miles east of Ocala, I saw the Fl swaps and such but have never been able to make it do to work schedule. I sincerely hope I get to meet up with you someday around our chicken and cow activities.

Miss Kitty, cute peeps, congrats. I got a bator full... crud, I think 71 eggs set total, but the majority of them are pre-sold... Yeah!

(except for the Araucana eggs I just won.... woooo hooo)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you.

I hope your hatch goes better than that one did. I have the bator full again so hopefully! :fl

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey jae~b, Inverness is off the exit of Wildwood. I live about 45 min. one way to ocala, and 45min the other way from tampa. Does that help. It just seemed when I first came on the group everyone was north, up some where. And Florida has a differnt weather then they had, so I was confuse on how to deal with my cows. Cause I really did worry that my cows would get cold here but yet these other had snow on there cows. And they did ok. Having pets is alot of work. And I always try to give 110% to them. If they could just talk I would understand more. So this group has saved me alot worry in helping me. One time I went crazy over poop and framer kitty help me on that. Pics and all. Made it easy to understand. So I'll be getting some ducks soon. And my chicks are on order too. :celebrate Mare

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here is a pic I took of them tonight after I changed their paper toweling out and fed them.

chicks5-10-09.jpg

Latest posts