My potential new goaties!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
PinkFox said:
i agree on the black and tan doe, shes just so visually striking (and her momma and her daddy were both spotted) and i LOVE the dark ears, im not a fan of the frosted ears on dark goats so the solid ears is just like OOOOO and i was looking for at least one black and tan :)
she caught my eye from across the feild.

im so excited, i should know for certain by tuesday and would be picking them up probably on friday or saturday :D
:celebrate So excited for you, your almost there.

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well...
those 2 little girls are comming home on friday :D
placed deposit today :D

Blue Dog Farms

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ohh I love nubs! Ive considered etting rid of my manchas and getting some nubians, but I love my girls. Congrats absolutly beautiful. :love

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awww, they're gorgeous. I really like the light colored one, maybe because I have a baby out of my Nubian/Boer doe who turned out a lot like her.

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well there not potentials anymore...there MINE.
picked them up this morning.

the light doeling has had some bottles so she took her lunchtime bottle no issues but the dark doe hasnt sen a bottle in her life, didnt want to stress her so gave her a taste and then when she continued fighting i let her be...they are 4 weeks old and nibbling on pellet, and plenty of grass, leaves weeds and hay so im not worried about her starving herslef.
there both a little freeked out with everything going on but thats to be expected, i know itll take a while for them to settle in.
i was initially going to keep them in the house for a few days, easier to feed and help them bond, but the dogs were going batty and it was realy spooking them so there out in the pen with plenty of straw to snuggle up in and were MUCH happier the moment i put them out in the pen they were running around nibbling on oak leaves and much more interested in interacting with me overall.
im sure theyll settle in and warm up to me pretty quickly now im the food lady lol.

They are SOOOO cute.

they got their CD&T vaccine today before leaving and ill be taking them back in 30 days to the breeder (whos 5 mins up the road) for the booster
ive for mollys herbal dewormer on order, and safeguard till then if i need it (the breeder deworms with safeguard and i use it for the dogs lol, but id prefer to do herbal) theres no bloating and poops looking normal...

todays gone pretty well for thier first day home...gonna head out there in about 1/2 an hour with thier last bottle for the night and to make sure there all tucked in and comfy for the night.
im going to be a nervous nelly for the next few nights im sure...lol.

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well poppy pretty much refused her 9pm feeding too.
lilly would take 6 bottles if i let her though lol...but poppy...not so much with the noms.

if shes still refusing after afternoon feeding tomorrow ill go pick up a pritchard nipple and see if that works better.
shes never seen a bottle so im assuming this is just scary and "odd" rather than anything serious.
right now im aproaching bottle feeding in a relaxed manner, bottle from above at a "natural" angle as it would be if nursing normally...
its just a regular baby bottle which is what the breeder has been using for lilly and her other bottle baby with a nice big x cut in the nipple...but im wondering if a pritchard might go over better. can they be retrofitted onto a normal baby bottle?

little Lilly
0022.jpg

006.jpg

and Silly Poppy (poppy is a good 2lbs bigger than Lilly despite being 2 days younger)
001.jpg

0052.jpg