Need a little help from my friends 🤪

LearningSheep

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have made it to fair! She weighed in yesterday, 114 and the min was 110. However we got here this morning and we have developed scours :( We pulled his feed, cleaned his pen she is currently washing him - any suggestions? We show at 4. 😬

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have made it to fair! She weighed in yesterday, 114 and the min was 110. However we got here this morning and we have developed scours :( We pulled his feed, cleaned his pen she is currently washing him - any suggestions? We show at 4. 😬
If you have any just normal coastal/grass hay I think if you let him have some that would probably help

LearningSheep

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
IMG_6369.jpegScarlett & Bam Bam... in their first pen (which was a whole thing - Lesson learned just because you know someone is a volunteer with the show doesn't mean they will give you all or any relevant information. 🙄)
IMG_6371.jpeg Because this was a cute one...
IMG_6377.jpeg Their first bathing experience...

IMG_6379.jpeg We didn't have a stand... so Mom functioned as one and held him while she used the blower and got one of the chapter FFA kids to help her work through her frustration using the clippers.

LearningSheep

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am closing out this thread to say - THANK YOU to all that helped me navigate this. (between life and recouping from fair... it's been a month 🤪). Her lamb sold, one of the highest despite being the ONLY hair breed that went up for sale thanks in part to a local business man who indulged in the stock trailer mobile bar the auction had set up 😉. After a bit of a snafu, I ended up registering so I could proxy for a friend back east (I employed the auctions proxy so she didn't realize mom was bidding). We (friend and I) ended up winning, she had wanted to send a donation to my daughter to help, I suggested she buy her lamb at auction 😉.

My daughter is now deciding on next year's project which will also be her FFA project going forward... so we will be getting on that merry go round. (If anyone has any suggestions for a sheep that would do better against other show type animals or breeds/breeder suggestions in Northern California I'm all 👂🏻!) We will be continuing our dorper/katahdin venture but giving her something a little more "competitive" going forward since we won't always have a private buyer lined up 😁.

Latest posts