NEW BABY!!!! *new pics 9/29*

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thanks all! she is doing great, she is soo much fun to sit and watch hopping around like a big white cricket!! lol just love her so much already! :love

my son loves to play with her and i thought maybe she could be "his goat" (shh, my way to justify keeping her!) so i would really prefer she doesnt have horns. i think just today i felt two little spots that havent surfaced yet. i also saw at TSC some dehorning paste.. i dont know much about it all but i assume once the horns break the surface, do you put dehorning paste on them to keep them from growing? will this be painful at all or is it not a good idea? i dont want to do it if its frowned apon, but i would feel safer if she didnt have horns around my son.

ive got to figure out how to post videos from my phone, i got some real cute ones of her jumping up on cynder blocks!

BabyMac

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Precious! She looks like she should be on the cover of an Easter card :)

Blarneyeggs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is just the sweetest looking baby ever! Any new pics? Is she a bottle baby?

And...my newbie question...do you pull kids away from Momma at night so you can milk in the morning, like calves?

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
nope shes not a bottle baby, and she really does have the sweetest face and expression, i cant seem to capture that with a picture as well.. shes a little trouble maker tho for sure!! i have a ton of pictures of her on my phone, it is like jammed up since shes been born lol :lol: i will get some on the computer and post them soon!
and for your question- i am also a newbie so maybe someone else will chime in on that..

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Everything I have read says dehorning paste is a bad idea. If another goat gets it on them, licks it, it gets in someone's eye etc. Personnaly, we do not disbud our goats, but if we did I would not use the paste. Either banding or the iron seems the best two options.

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
heres some recent pics.

here she is on moms back lol seen her do this a few times, so glad i caught it in a pic!!
3804_patsie2.jpg

3804_patsie3.jpg

she even mows grass :lol: got to submit this for POW
3804_patsie4.jpg

this was taken today, she was disbudded so you can see her purple spots from blu kote lol
3804_patsie1.jpg

jenlynn4

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
OMG thoes are the sweetist pics ever! she is so pretty and looks to be getting into everything like a healthy little girl should. LOVE that pic of her on her mom! Thanks so much for shareing these!