New beekeeper

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is some good information in past posts in the bee section. I done know much about bees, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Field Bee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
See if there's a local beekeeping club you can join. They usually have classes, mentors, and loaner extraction equipment. Don't fall for the all natural beekeeping methods that doom beginners to failure. Learn from experienced beekeepers that use traditional equipment and methods, later on you can try different techniques. Since you are in Florida start with the Florida Bee Lab. Excellent information and podcast!

Pampered horse girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There is some good information in past posts in the bee section. I done know much about bees, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum!
See if there's a local beekeeping club you can join. They usually have classes, mentors, and loaner extraction equipment. Don't fall for the all natural beekeeping methods that doom beginners to failure. Learn from experienced beekeepers that use traditional equipment and methods, later on you can try different techniques. Since you are in Florida start with the Florida Bee Lab. Excellent information and podcast!

Thank you!