New bunnies!!!

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:lol: You were fine, Bunnylady, do you have any favorite recommended reading on genetics for amateurs like us and other newbies?

Nachoqtpie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Bunnylady said:
Well, gee. :( I think I make it really simple, and even then, I got carried away (and no, I'm not really upset :rolleyes: )

The noses on your kits look pretty dark, so yes, the ears will get a good bit darker. You should see the nose marking getting a good bit bigger within the next couple of weeks, as the baby coat sheds out and the junior coat comes in. The ears will probably be quite a bit darker by the end of February.

Is that clearer? :)
:lol:

Thank you! I'm REALLY new (like... the only time I ever seen bunnies was in my friends (meat rabbit) barn and wild ones or pets) so I don't really know anything about coats and colors and all that. We kinda jump into things and then get "on the job training."

There are NO livestock 4-H groups AT ALL in this area. I'm actually going TODAY to talk to the extension office 4-H agent about starting a new club. Thank you for the help Bunnylady, and sorry I'm such a newbie to not really understand what you said. I'll get better I promise! ;)