New Highland Cattle Pictures

Josh Ellis

Just born
Reaction score
I'm a new member to this forum and to the world of raising cattle. I just got a pair of Highland Cattle. Both are approximately 5 years old. The cow (the black one) is due to have her 3rd calf in May. I just wanted to get a few opinions on these guys and get some tips and tricks if you have any!

They are not registered, however, I do plan on getting the process started fairly soon as they were originially purchased from a breeder who has been associated with the AHCA for many years.

21j6anb.jpg

2dt3pqc.jpg

no nonsense

Corralled
Reaction score
Looks like a nice substantial fence. You'll need it. Nice topline on the bull. I don't care for the asymetrical horn growth.

FarmerChick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
very nice pics

I call those "danger horns" on the brown one. Horns that are leveled right at the body can be horrible. At least pointed up you got a chance of no problems if the huge head swings to you....those horns that are level can cause great harm.

How do I know.....UGH....yup, ouch!!!

Nicki

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi,

I am not the original poster but cost for highlands really depends on quality registered or unregistered prices around here are usually around 1000 for a bull/steer and 1200 and up for a heifer/cow.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Nice! I am a lover and keeper of Highlands myself (well, was until recently). I am sure I don't have to tell you.......be super careful around that bull. And watch those horns. I would love to see more pics......... :love