New to BYH!!

Vivid Slide

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello! I want to introduce myself. I live in North central Florida and have a Zebu bull and cow that is springing to calve within a month (hopefully). Any other Zebu people out there?

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 10

Vivid Slide

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi
I have a single Jersey angus X cow here in South Central VA.
Welcome to the forum.
Is this the first time you've had a calf born there?
Yes. I had show cattle as a kid in 4-H many moons ago and milked cows on several dairies until I was about 21 years old- even ran a small one in Texas which means that I was in charge of everything from scrapping the holding pen after a shift to getting calves from fresh moms and bringing them up to the barn and pulling calves. I’ve had this pair only a short time, about 4 1/2 months, so I can always use some advice since my experience is rusty.😅

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I keep wanting a cow, again. But so far I've controlled myself. :lol: wanted the milk & cream for butter. I've got plenty dairy goats -- excellent milk -- smaller animal. It works for me but, I still look at those big Jersey eyes with a desire. THEN the other end brings memories of scooping.😱 And goat pellets are easier 😁

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome Hi, welcome from the western part of VA.

Have no experience with zebu cattle...but, we run commercial beef cattle and I have worked in the dairy industry for years as a milk tester.
Where's @CLSranch ??? He had some zebu cattle at one time... Come to think of it, haven't heard from him lately either...
We have some sheep, chickens, and have had most other farm animals at one time or another... garden.... all that stuff.