North Carolina

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Apex, NC. We are raising chickens and ND Goats.

6364_4-3-12_5.jpg

6364_march_27_2.jpg

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
HollowOakFarm said:
Hi All,

I'm Meg, in southern Cumberland County, popping over from the Backyard Chickens forum. I'll be looking for wool-breed sheep wethers soon to raise out for wool and meat, if there are any NC breeders here. I also posted a swap possibility in your swap forum.

We've got a small farm. We used to have a breeding flock of sheep and I used to raise French angoras too, but we now limit to poultry and raising locker lambs. Just hubby and myself and three mastiffs since the kids are grown. Nice to meet you!

Meg
Hi, Meg! You're not far from us. We are in SE Bladen County - near Elizabethtown.

redtailgal

Reaction score
HollowOakFarm said:
Hi All,

I'm Meg, in southern Cumberland County, popping over from the Backyard Chickens forum. I'll be looking for wool-breed sheep wethers soon to raise out for wool and meat, if there are any NC breeders here. I also posted a swap possibility in your swap forum.

We've got a small farm. We used to have a breeding flock of sheep and I used to raise French angoras too, but we now limit to poultry and raising locker lambs. Just hubby and myself and three mastiffs since the kids are grown. Nice to meet you!

Meg
HI Meg! I'm in Iredell county. Its me and hubby and our two boys.........so we stuck with only one mastiff for now! SHe's a Cane Corso, and was a rescue. She's pretty small, only 155-160, so I call her my mini-mastiff, lol.

Bella

2952_bella08112010aej-1---copy.jpg

2952_bella08112010aej-3---copy.jpg

2952_bella08112010aej-4---copy.jpg

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy,
We are on the inner banks, in little Washington (due east of Greenville)

We have 15 Chickens, Delawares and Easter Eggers
2 Pekin Ducks
2 goats, we just got them 2 weeks ago, they are Boer/something small mixes. We will be looking to add some new ND's in the near future.

here are the goats Phineas and Candace http://puu.sh/snfU

a few of the chickens (good pic of roo crowing) :) http://puu.sh/uSrP

and our Frisbee obsessed border collie http://puu.sh/uStc

redtailgal

Reaction score
Welcome coffee cow!

I lived in Greenville once............a long long time ago.

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi coffee cow!
Great to meet you. We live several hours away. Lol
We have an assortment of critters: chickens, ducks, geese, goats, quails, turkey, pigeons, cats, German shepherds.

MaPooh

Just born
Reaction score
Bladen County, 25 miles east of Fayetteville. We have chickens, meat rabbits, and American Guinea Hogs. Used to have Alpine Goats and Palm Turkeys but had to downside. I know this thread is a little stale but HI!

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hehe I guess this thread is a bit stale isn't it?

Let's see if anything interesting has happened...
We had to re-de horn the goats... the first try apparently we didn't get all of them on either goat =/ They started growing back. Luckily, my wife is a veterinarian and we just took them to the clinic (got some interesting looks from the clients when we put them on the scales) This time it seems that we got it all :)

Goats love apple trees... don't let them anywhere near one if you want to keep it. I had a 4' fence around the base of 2 trees, they were probably 7 feet tall or so.. In the span of 3 hours, they had ripped the fence down and had eaten every leaf and over 1/2 the bark off of each tree...

We got a new puppy. She is an Irish Red White Setter. Her name is Madigan (Irish meaning = "Little Dog") She is about 11 weeks old now.
3112_madigan.jpg