Okay horse people .....Arab X ?

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Heres a couple photos for all the horse people out there ...exspecially all those Arab lovers ;)...what breed do you think my daughters horse is crossed with....she's approx. 12 yrs old ...aprox. 14.1 hh ...very slender ...her raincoat is a 64 /66 depends on her fur thickness... she is a wooly mammoth in the winter thanks ....
580_lewis_and_kansasdakota_june_24_2008_005.jpg
580_mom_and_brigittes_horseriding_lesson_august_13_2009_037.jpg

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm guessing a saddlebred (body type) or welch pony (size, head and coat). Oh, she is stunning!!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Can you give us a more classically posed shot? Complete profile, including face in profile? Head up, looking forward, legs squarely underneath her? A bit of a challenge with a horse who is not trained to show in-hand, but with a digital camera (unlimited chances! :rolleyes: ) and a couple of assistants....one person on camera duty, one holding the lead or reins, one in the distance straight in front of the horse acting foolish so the horse looks ahead with ears pricked forward.....you could get the shot. It would give us much more information. I do think I see some Arab in her.

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Okay i certainly will but we are going away for a couple of days but next week I'll certainly try .....thanks for repying ...

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I want to say Welsh Pony X... Luna is a welsh pony X we believe and she also has that dainty look as your daughters pony has. Luna is also a 66! :D

trix42

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have no idea from those pics, but she sure does look gorgeous. :)

Fancypants4569

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Looks just like my daughter's horse. Julie is a Morab (Morgan/Arab) Ill post a pic if ya want, they do look very much alike :)

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Morgan or QH. Kinda coarse through the face with a strong body. Saddlebred crosses TEND to be long and lean with longer heads. Then again, mine is an exception