Pedigree Quandary

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know, some of those breeders are in it pretty deep and are throwing around quite a lot of money. I don't think they are rural goat people, so there may be mud flinging and lawyers involved-NOT my cup of tea. From what I understand the bad breeder also has some legal stuff to work through too because she has done other, non animal dishonest things that might land her in prison so staying out of all that mud and details is pretty high on the list of priorities. Goat pedigrees are just the tip of the ice berg. Yuck.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
The source is unfortunately ADGA. They finished investing the breeder, pulled one buck's pedigree that had offspring and belonged to someone else, made it so the breeder couldn't register anything for 5 years and had to dna everything afterward. Most people think she should have been kicked the registry due to track record (and I won't get into the gossip about that and why they think that wasn't done). ADGA says if there is an animal that comes up in a dispute resulting from a DNA test or DNA family profile not matching papers will just be pulled potentially on any animals in question.

I've opted to sell these two at unregistered price with the papers as a bonus and anyone inquiring gets to see the names on their pedigrees first.

With all of that extra info, sounds like selling them is the best option.