Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Better environment for Boone! Of course all the deer heads and bear skin didn’t bother him, all those chew toys!

Before we moved to Lindale, we lived in town with chickens and Paris, out Great Pyrenees. She was a crazy killer, was free because she killed chickens, and basically hated everything living creature. It took me 2 years to turn her into a chicken guard, but she still hated everything else. My DD, DSIL and granddaughter would come to visit, with their little dog. SIL just couldn’t understand that Paris and their little dog would never be friends. He kept trying me to let his dog in the backyard with me telling him it would be sure death. He just didn’t get it and treated me like I was stupid. Yeah, I get it. Boone is just a big friendly teddy bear, right? GRRRR

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far, the pitbull and German shepherds (maybe because they were next to my car) are the only dogs that have triggered a negative response in him. I hope I can get him to stay neutral like he is with humans.
He’s totally a little attention whore 😂

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, looks like Boone has a new best friend. Cody brought him an elk leg and apparently they taste way better than deer legs. He admired it for several minutes before going to work on it. He had a nice spot on the lawn, in the shade of a tree. Cody warned the sprinklers were due to come on so I carried his bone up onto the back porch for him (thank goodness we started at the beginning to not allow resource guarding) I don’t have to worry much about him blasting through the fence either, since there is a fence on the raised porch, (that he could easily clear) as well as the perimeter yard fence which is really flimsy.
He’s one happy guy and I am finally feeling peaceful

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0465.jpeg

He’s not happy that I won’t let him bring his bone inside and he realized he can’t open these doors😂

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone had a great day yesterday. He worships Cody-the-bringer-of-all-things-elk
Cody on the other hand, has his mind blown at how quickly Boone stripped the entire leg down to just bone. He was almost manic…it was like watching me eat clarified butter via good crab or lobster 🦞. He was orgasmic.

Cody moved his truck right after dark and Boone was on the back porch with me when he saw the headlights and barked a warning.
Let’s just say Cody was impressed by the volume and ferocity of that booming LGD bark! Made his blood run cold. I had to tell him it’s far scarier when they roar.

Boone could not sleep last night. And he does not pee when I offer. He paced and panted was on bed, off the bed, checking out windows. He finally gave me a Boone-kiss so I turned on the light, asked what he wanted and he went to the door. I grabbed shoes and his hermspringer AND halti and took him outside, AGAIN.
Mr Skunk was on the lawn, digging for treasure . I tossed a ball in his direction and he, ever so slowly, with the hammer cocked, toddled out of the yard while Boone showed incredible impulse control, quietly watching, intense, wanting to attack but letting me restrain him without too much difficulty. He never barked and I was grateful he didn’t wake Cody. Afterwards we ventured to exploring his trail on the lawn and Boone pee’d.
Midnite now, back in bed. Negotiating these stairs is hairy. Idk how they passed code in California. He went back to pacing, heavy panting, etc. He slept so well here night before but I couldn’t figure what he was trying to say. I thought maybe he was hot, so I grabbed my pain meds, a pillow, flipped on bathroom light so I didn’t kill myself in dark negotiating stairs, lugged the giant dogbed inside and set us up with me in the doorway across from “game room” and Boone next to me on tile. He dropped off immediately and didn’t even get up when I headed to bathroom. He simply stretched out and made me pay the bellyrub toll before I was allowed back on my dogbed.
Set alarm for 5 to call Randy to remind him we need to bring my large dog kennel home, along with the recliner. Straight to voicemail so he might already be on the road. He has a 13-15 hr drive. Cody will pick the girls up at noon and we’ll hang out until early tomorrow morning, when Abby has to go back to work. Guess I’ll nod back off.