Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_0531.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG!! Thank you, Lord! 🥲 My niece just texted me. They haven’t sold my brother’s truck yet as they are still trying to settle his estate. She is offering it to me ❤️
Our son in law’s brother has offered us $2000 for Burb as is. That would cover DMV and tires if it needs them. Trying now to get insurance then see if we can get a 1-dY pass to drive it home. 🤞🏼
I’m in shock.

Looks like we will be taking a side trip to Reno 🥰

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
In Va you can get a 3 day "transport tag".... cost $5... got one when I brought home the explorer home from NH and then another one when I brought home father's pickup a couple months later from the friend's that stored it... Don't know about there... but a transport tag is available in most states. Had to have the vehicle ID number and have to have it covered by insurance. ... I am sure that your DMV's have something similar...

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made the 7 hr drive to Reno in 10 hrs. Idk why it took so long. Between dog breaks, roadwork, and being loaded down like the Beverly Hillbillies with a big 10’x10’ 9 ga. Chain link kennel tied down over a recliner plus all my stuff from Burb, and my walker on top of that! :lol:
I checked for a dog friendly hotel so there would be potty facilities for the boys. That’s the ONLY reason we stayed at Reno Suites.
It said “PET FRIENDLY”

The parking is on far side of busy street. Seemed to be a seedy part of town. Even though both dogs are technically legitimate Service Dogs I told then I had 1 SD and a pet. They wanted $75 for Fen. It was ALREADY $75 for the room!
I’m not good at standing up for myself but $75 didn’t seem very friendly.
I told them I would happily pay a small pet fee ($20-25) but not $75. I explained Fen is a retiring SD so should technically be free. I finally convinced them.
I asked where they could potty after out long trip and she pointed at the curb!!! They literally had (2) 8 inch x 3 ft dirt spots next to the curb on a blvd with heavy traffic!! Concrete and asphalt everywhere else. Not a single bush or blade of grass. I was blown away. We had to cross the blvd to find a place with a large enough space for Boone to feel safe to pee 🤬
We had only eaten a doughnut on Wednesday because there was nowhere to really stop on way back to Cody’s. Thursday I had a cup of coffee, he had a soda, and we both had a handful of pretzels because Cody was out of food in the house since he’s usually gone hunting (he’s guiding Joe Rogan next week) and the stores aren’t quite as far as from our house but there was no room for groceries with the dogs and all our stuff.
Starving, we stopped at Carl’s Jr in Bishop and ate down by a little league field outside with the dogs. I think it was an eye opener for Randy how badly he has allowed Fen to behave as he doesn’t listen at all anymore.
He’s beginning to demand a little more from him and I will be refreshing his training soon.
Boone, as usual, did really well, even seeing strange dogs about.
Once we checked into motel, he went down and they gave him menus for room service and a flier for pizza delivery. We chose pizza and once it came to check out online, pizza place said they don’t deliver to that hotel!
Plan B, we called room service and were informed the kitchen was closed. So we didn’t eat again.
Meanwhile I had posted on my FB that my niece and nephews had blessed me with my brothers old truck. I quickly got a nasty message from my oldest nephew (alcoholic who estranged himself and didn’t even go to funeral) threatening me etc. I contacted my niece to let her know I would pass on truck as I didn’t want to cause a rift. She contacted her full brother who is executor of the will and he said to come get the truck, he will deal with it. It took a lot of the joy out of it, but I really love those two and pray for their brother who behaves like another family member I used to have who was also nasty and wanted anything he could get. 😞

We drove all day after picking up “Reburb” (my brother’s truck) again, without eating, and made it home with both vehicles around 4:00.
The past few days I had awakened in more than usual pain and needed Randy’s help to get up. After driving the hillbilly truck from Reno to here with the dogs, and unable to find my adderall I was REALLY hurting. I fall asleep for some reason while driving and if all the stuff I was hauling wasn’t enough, between the traffic and fear of falling asleep my muscles were screaming when we got here. I promptly fell asleep and Randy unloaded our stuff.
The dogs are THRILLED to be home. We did stop at a small grocery in Winnemucca for milk and veggies. Boone was SO HAPPY to work. Fen was not.

Boone complained much of the trip. He doesn’t enjoy driving anymore than I do. Fen curled up next to me and his cute little self slept like the dead.

Today is recovery, tomorrow I clean house because Monday, a missionary is coming to visit. He used to cowboy not far from here and he calls his outreach “Flat Rabbit Ministry” so I knew right away he’s familiar with the area 😂

Randy’s gonna start working on the mold and I pray it makes my health improve 🤞🏼

IMG_0627.jpeg