PG or what?

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Went out and checked on the girls and now Java chips yellowish discharge has gone white and stringing out of her. Hard to explain some of this to a five year old.
Will give the girls their shots tomorrow since I have been busy with the new buck rabbit I got today to replace my one that just died on Sunday.

Hubby ordered a large 7x7x4 wire cage with a door and it is being sent to the house so am waiting for that to be shipped. I will use that inside the barn as a birthing stall for the little momma and baby(ies).
Don't know how you all make it from year to year waiting for these little kids to be born. I don't know the actual dates so that is so hard, almost worse than Christmas and seeing the packages under the tree and not being able to open them. My hat is off to you all that do this year after year. Great job people! Deb

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Your girls are gorgeous. Nutmeg's name really suits her. Her coloring is wonderful.

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't have anything to do with their naming though. The breeder I got them from had already named them and that is what is on their papers. Nutmeg is 2 and Java will be 1 in June. Although stubborn would be like Nutmeg and Gentle is more like Java, to bad you don't know what they will be like when they get older to help with naming them. :) Deb

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The discharge has stopped for now but her little udder looks fuller, as well as her side is extended a little more.

3514_000_1139.jpg

Here are the girls showing off this morning.

Woke up to 8 little bunnies from my doe. Father died last weekend (4-1-12) RIP Thumper. But I did get some cute little buns if the mother takes care of this litter. They are Silver Martens. I went last week and got another male so will give the other doe a chance to have babies but if it doesn't take this time, she will be dinner.

3514_000_1129.jpg

Hope every one is having a great Easter weekend. Stay safe! Deb

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks RBF, I have tried to leave the bunnies alone but it is hard.

As for the goats, the black on is Java Chip and she is due hopefully the end of the month. Breeder I got her from didn't write down when she got into the bucks pen so everyone on here is helping me figure out when the two of us first timers will have our kids. Just Java is PG.

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Any one interested in buying a slightly used goat? I am thinking about selling Nutmeg as soon as I get her papers back in the mail. She is bigger than Java Chip and picks on her trying to make sure Java knows SHE is the queen of the two goat flock. I LOVE Java's temperament and easy going ways but Nutmeg just isn't that loving towards me and I am afraid that when Java has her baby that I will neglect Nutmeg. Just wondering.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
My FF was stringing mucous a month before she kidded. she had triplets on exactly day 150. A better indicator is the ligaments next to the tail head. The tail will kinda be floppy and useless.
Good luck!

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not sure if I can find the ligs on the goats. I have felt on both the preg, one and the other. The pregnant one does feel less firm than the other but there are still there so guess I still have another month to go. I can do it since I have only had them for about 4 and a half weeks. What's another 4 weeks. If she has a buck I think I will sell him and buy another NON related baby buck so that I can breed them this fall.

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Went out a little while ago to spend some time with the girls and Java is having some more discharge. Sure hope this next few weeks passes fast and she does have it soon. I felt a hoof today. I was feeling her right side like others have said to feel and just as I was thinking about taking my hand away, there was a small round push on my hand. I pushed lightly back and it pushed again. This was FANTASTIC! I don't think she will have any more than one since this is her first. Can't wait to see what she has. Now I am hoping for just a doe. I will buy a buckling when someone has one early next spring I guess. I would rather have had one now so that I cold breed Nutmeg this coming fall and have a baby a year. Have to be patient and will get this herd up and running eventually. Just so excited about the baby pushing on my hand. Can't wait to spend more time out there with her. Will take some pictures this weekend since we are supposed to have rain tonight and tomorrow. :) :)