Poor Goats

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We live in Ga. Getting sleet and later freezing rain and ice. Went out to feed my babies and they flat out refuse to come out of their house. Waited a little bit and still no. So I took their food to them and their water. Don't mind I love them. Gave them lot's of hay to snuggle in not that they leave it there. LOL Good luck to everyone getting this storm.:thumbsup

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I dont blame them...I would'nt either!! :gig Hope you guys weather the storm ok!!! Good luck!!

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks we will. Got everyone hunkered down. :weee

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here in N. Alabama, we've got 8" to 10" of snow on the ground, depending on where we measured. Had to shovel a path from all the shelters to the water and feed areas before they would venture outside. This is the deep south, people! Not supposed to get this kind of snowfall here.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thats what I do too!! In NH we've been lucky this year..we have not been slammed with snow!! (I better be careful, I'll jinxs myself) I only completely closed the barn one night so far!!! :fl Goaties been out almost everyday!!

I always keep thier feed and water inside the barn...cuz my guys hate rain too..they will not go near it!!! So I dont even bother...stays cleaner for me anyway!

Be careful heading out to tend them!! Ice can be dangerous..and carrying a bucket of warm water!!! Oppsie!! Could be disaterous!!! :lol: For you!!!

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
lilhill said:
Here in N. Alabama, we've got 8" to 10" of snow on the ground, depending on where we measured. Had to shovel a path from all the shelters to the water and feed areas before they would venture outside. This is the deep south, people! Not supposed to get this kind of snowfall here.
That is CRAZY!!! I think we got about 5 inches total from the whole winter so far!!! Maybe we wont move south as planned!!! :lol:

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
We have snow blown paths and sections for animals for years. Not fun but necessary. So far this year we have only had to snow blow under our overhangs of the barn. Of course people think your nuts when you tell them you are snow blowing your lawn. Anything for the animals, right? :lol:

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have 5-6" here so far and it is still coming down. It is supposed to change over to ice tonight.

The goats are all hundled up and not enjoying this one bit. I don't blame them.

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We're in North Georgia. It's crazy out there! I can handle the snow, but the freezing rain will get ugly tonight. The goats are all hunkered down and the chickens refuse to come out!

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The kids were out bright and early this morning so they got to take care of the animals. I'll be going to soon to check on everyone again.
Last night I made sure everything was ready just in case, and glad I did since it hit us in the middle of the night instead of late morning!
One hen met me at the door this morning wanting to come inside.