Poor Goats

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
And here...In Indiana....the sun is shining and it's 30 degrees out.

Finally, some justice in this world....everyone's getting their fair share. :lol: :p ;)

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
One of our 4-day-old Boer kids, Aurora, sniffed/licked some snow off the top of my boots this morning and then rolled her little lip up and done the Flehmen response! So funny!

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay so I jinxed myself for sure...we are getting over a foot of snow in NH tues into weds!!!!

Just got the Winter storm warning coming thru!!!!! :th

Spoke waaaayyy to soon!!! :lol: :gig

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are getting snow here now. Have about 2 feet on the ground and it's still coming down. Our goats are in for the winter. I feel really bad for the southern people who are not used to the snow. It's a challenge to do the winter barn chores for sure even when is the normal for you. In a pinch to lug water from house to barn in snow if you don't have a sled, fill empty juice, milk jugs, cat litter plastic jugs(anything clean with a top) etc. center them on a tarp, gather up the ends and it's easy transport thru snow. I've also used the bottom of a dog crate with leash to do same thing. Much easier than lugging buckets. Make sure you dress in layers, stay warm while you are running to the barn worried about the animals!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
greenfamilyfarms said:
One of our 4-day-old Boer kids, Aurora, sniffed/licked some snow off the top of my boots this morning and then rolled her little lip up and done the Flehmen response! So funny!
When our buck was still a bottle baby my husband was eating a pickle and offered it to Pie- he sniffed it and did the same thing! It was the first time we'd seen him do it and it cracked us up. :lol:

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just when it starts to get dark out the goats decide to come out. They are to awesome. Love my babies

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
With the wind chill here it's about 11 degrees today. Very little snow on the ground now, but we're due for more in the next couple of days. Everyone's in the barn with the doors closed to keep the wind out. Looking forward to summer!

AlaskanShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to summer! :cool: Summer here is lovely. Rarely higher then 80, average a lovely 75. :plbb

However I do have to put up with long, cold, dark winters. :caf

Off Topic: JulieQ, I must have a girl who has lineage from your lines. She is QSF SilverAurora Wind 2*D AR1848. I asked her breeder (since I am the 3rd or 4th owner down the line) what the QSF meant and she said it was something about the lineage. :)