Poppy has kidded

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Poppy kidded about 9.15am this morning. :celebrate

Single buck 3lbs in weight mum and baby doing fine.

Meet Artorius (about 30mins old in this picture) I think he is lovely, and he has got blue eyes, neither sire or dam have blue eyes.

Nice to see he has some of Rambo's colouring.

813_010.jpg

He is so funny, watching to make sure he was suckling OK, he fumbles around looking for the teat, then has the business end sticking out the side of his mouth, eventually gets it right.

Will post better pictures later, allowing Poppy and Artorius time to bond, running back and forth ever now and again to make sure things are OK.

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks you guys.

One question my vet was saying to castrate at 1 week old, now from anything I have read on this or other site, I am seeing 8 weeks.

Any thoughts anyone.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
warthog said:
Thanks you guys.

One question my vet was saying to castrate at 1 week old, now from anything I have read on this or other site, I am seeing 8 weeks.

Any thoughts anyone.
Castrating at a week will seriously increase his risk for developing urinary calculi. I'd wait until he's at least 8 weeks -- if not older.

(Personally, I think someone oughtta do some studying on castration by *weight* to see if breeding past a certain weight is more helpful in preventing urinary calculi than castrating at 8wks...but that's me.)