Porkette had her Piglets!!!! AUGUST 6TH UPDATE!!!!!!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, the two males will most likely not sell and be kept to grow up for dinner. Though, they all will have an equal chance to get new homes. We had both boars in with the sow, dinner pig and the breeder pig. But the dinner pig was far more active with the breeding. I don't know how pigs work, but then again, it's the strongest sperm that reaches the eggs, so either or both could be the father of the litter. Any glits that don't sell, will also end up dinner, except the one with spots, we both fell in love with her. :love:love:love:love

DH noticed the runt, he said it wasn't acting like the others. He rarely gets involved with the animals. She is a bit slower and chills faster. He said I should bring her in and bottle her. But she seems happiest with her family. I'm going to get some piglet milk tomorrow just in case she needs it or DH ends up pressing it further.
Piglets kept following mom out, it's getting dark=colder temps. I had to get a board and close the back of the hut. Need to find or buy another board for the front to keep the babies contained, it's supposed to rain tonight! I rather not have them out so much early morning/late in the day until they are at least a week old. Then they would know much better where and how to get back into the hut. They know now, but I still worry, they are a bit slow to getting in. I worry a crazy amount over my critters, I could never have a large scale anything! Lol! Can you guys imagine me with 5+ sows and her piglets?? I'd be pulling my hair out and never sleep again! :D Actually, I haven't slept much since the lambs were born! And now I have a cat also due soon!!:barnie:barnie

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
998902_593162290717283_337287244_n.jpg

996852_593162267383952_845123352_n.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
All are too darn cute! I'm glad for you Secuono! That spotted one is just precious. Enjoy those little piggies.

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
To stinkin cute! I love the one with the mouth open and the other is smiling with mud on the mouth!! :pop I could watch all day!

schmije

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How sweet! I can't believe they're only a day old in the video. This makes me want to get some pigs of my own.

And the little spotted gal is the cutest thing ever!