Price ?

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I FINALLY after months found someone close enough who will be supplied by 2 breeders with rabbits this april . Tractor supply had them last year for $20 each and thats way too much for a mixed breed . So I dont know the price of them yet but what would be considered"too much" for one female,not show quality obviously(its a feed store) . I really hope he has a MiniRex or Lionhead ! :barnie

Im still looking for others on sites and in the paper but no luck yet,just meat rabbits . I was wanting to have a litter by now ! :he

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have you checked Craigslist? In my area I've noticed a lot of lionheads for sale...though they usually have a price tag of $35 or so.
It seems a "mutt" rabbit should be around $10.

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Genipher said:
Have you checked Craigslist? In my area I've noticed a lot of lionheads for sale...though they usually have a price tag of $35 or so.
It seems a "mutt" rabbit should be around $10.
Yeah,all I can find there is meat rabbits . :/

Legacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
bluemini said:
Yeah,all I can find there is meat rabbits . :/
Did you try looking in pets under the community section? It took me a while to realize there is a separate pet section that doesn't come up in the general search. You have to search in pets under "community".

PinkFox

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
around here going prices for rabbits:

meat breeds (none show quality) $7-$15
mixed breed (pets) $10-$20
pure breeds seem to vary pet quality ive seen anythign from $15 up, show qualtiy $30+ snt unusual

Mini rex anything from $15-$30 a peice (pet) $25-$125 a pice for jr's with titles and aroudn $30-$50 a peice for brood does

standard rex, hard to find around here are averaging $20-$50 a pice for "pet" quality, $50-$150 a peice for jr's with titles and $75 seems to be "normal" for brood does

Holland Lops are going for $30-$75 a peice for babies/pet quality and up to $200 for jrs with titles...$75 seems to be normal for proven does. (this suprised me i didnt expect hollands to be so expensive)

ive seen lion heads of various quality around here for anythign from $25-$75 a peice depending on mane and lines.

price is going to be 1: relitive to area, 2: relitive to quality, 3: relitive to availability 4: relitive to breed...