Pygmy Goat??

hacharlton

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I was given this male goat because he was fighting a friends ram over some girl sheep.My friend said it was a Pygmy.
He is 4 yrs old and much bigger than my two female Pygmy goats.
Look at the picture...Pygmy or not?
1552_prince.jpg

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:/ Might be a pygmy cross...with what I'm not sure...

Doesn't look like a pygmy though...

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
crossed with either kiko,spanish meat goat. I would assume. I went to pick up some pygmy's to sale, they were not pygmys!! they were spanish meat goats, and the male was pygmy cross kiko. just my guess.my girlfriend was execited because she raised spanish girls, so she took them.

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I was gonna say some kind of a meat goat cross. Like kiko, spanish, or boer. Definitely doesn't look full pygmy.

hacharlton

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Will it be ok for him to breed with my Pygmy females? Would rather he doesn't, but no way to keep them apart right now. Would the baby be too big for the momma to give birth?

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How much does he weigh and how much do your girls weigh? How old are your girls?

Calliopia

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's hard to tell how much bigger he is than your girls. He kind of looks like a chunked out Nigerian to me.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If they are about the same size it will be okay. The only thing I would worry about would be breeding a fullsized buck to your pigmy does. If he is small then you should have no problems.

mistee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
he looks to have some meat goat in him to me and possible Nigerian.. I know my nigerian buck horns curl back more.... If he is Nigerian size then he will be ok to breed to your pygmies..