pygmy, the impossible dream

backyardduck

Just born
Reaction score
Can't a girl just catch a break!? I have been looking high and low for a pygmy doe/doeling that is hornless. I am on cape cod,..and I don't expect to find it next door, but geesh I can't seem to find one anywhere within reasonable travel time. I even called the 4h and they said not really a sought after breed, so not many to be found. Should it be this hard to find? is it because they are not really sought after?

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That is weird here in SC pygmies are a pretty popular breed

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you checked on the National Pygmy Goat Association website for any breeders near you? Oops, just saw this was in the sheep section. Sorry, thought you were looking for goats. :/

backyardduck

Just born
Reaction score
Yep I have it in the wrong section, let me repost it over at the goats section. Thanks for pointing it out. I have been the the npgy not having alot of luck there as well.

backyardduck

Just born
Reaction score
goatdude95 said:
That is weird here in SC pygmies are a pretty popular breed
I know, it seems always my luck. When we decided to get our dog Bailey a companion I wanted a basset hound...wasn't something I could, at the time, find locally. So after three months I finally bit the bullet and went to conneticut to adopt one!!! As for the goats, I convinced my husband we "needed" to have nigis, and he went along,..for the milk :) wasn't difficult to find and I was so pleased. We are so happy with them and as our Doe will be bred in december we do not want to purchase another nigi (she has a, soon to be wether, companion), but I would so love a pygmy and once I started to look, it was uh, here we go again another impossible find locally. I have found quite a few, but all horned and I don't want to have horned and unhorned. Also my basset hound seems to have kick me/butt me all over her, because my nigi waits it out til she can smooze around me and make a b line for her. I can't imagine what could happen if she had horns and I didn't get her halter and pull her back in time.

Latest posts