rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does the well water eventually run clear if you let it run for an hour or so? We tried that and it worked. Not that I would use it for the house, but for the livestock it was fine where they would not drink it before.
Unfortunately no. I let it run all night by accident after a late night milking and it's still that color and full of biological looking gunk. We'll get to the bottom of it.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the gloves ----- I always 100% wear leather work gloves. OK maybe 99% of the time. I have gloves all over the place. Each pair has a mark on the cuff that matches to it's "mate". When they start to wear out and/or get holes they get remarked and kept in the barn for those few times I don't have gloves with me.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am assuming this is not what's coming into your house -- right?? :duc
That is the water that is coming into our house. Supposedly that has been filtered and UV sterilized. Our well is nasty. Filtration is insufficient or not working.

Plot twist, now we're all sick with surprise bathroom trips, despite not drinking it. So no more raw milk until this straightens out (and hope the goats stay well). Brushing teeth with little cups of Walmart water. And look forward to Monday.

Animals are fed. When I get a break I'll milk and put the does back out. The milk will either be pasteurized or discarded from now on until our water is clean.

(and meanwhile the seller has continued the narrative that we get the rent deposit for the messy barn over her dead body, whoo hoo)

But ENOUGH whining. If I get a long enough break that buck electric net fence is going up and those big stinkers are going out.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
*humorous note* Please no one else have anything else bad happen to them over the next few days. I keep reading things happening on here to other people and then the same lands in our lap or worse. I get to learn how to handle things through other people...but this is getting a little old. Wishing that everyone just has GOOD DAYS for the next little few weeks.

Last edited: