record keeping

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I wonder never!!! :)

Thank you! DonnaBelle, I agree with only worming with necessary, but since I'm still new I definitely want to keep track of when/what/how much, etc. to make sure I'm not over doing it.

I will definitely be making changes/additions to my form. What do you do with the 'registered' papers? I don't have any right now, but will after I start obtaining registered animals. Do you keep each animals papers in each goat's section? or do you keep registration papers all together somewhere else? On one hand I would think keeping each individual goat's information together would be handy for vet/sale issues, but on the other hand, do I really want to keep the registration papers in the notebook that I will be hauling around with me when I go out to the barn and/or to the office to update the info on the computer?

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
I have a big binder that has dividers in it and I keep each goats papers and all the other info papers I have on them. They all have there area in the binder. I also keep any extra info I have on them such as sire and dams papers, past history, or anything else.

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
on the page that you keep the the list of kids that the doe had, do you have this separate page for each pregnancy or how do you keep each pregnancy's record?

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
and you do this in Word? in a table format or just setting your tabs? Do you just have one large table for all the goats or does each goat have it's own document. (It's just that I've had trouble with Word when using very large tables)

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Vickir73 said:
on the page that you keep the the list of kids that the doe had, do you have this separate page for each pregnancy or how do you keep each pregnancy's record?
Yep. Separate page per kidding.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Vickir73 said:
and you do this in Word? in a table format or just setting your tabs? Do you just have one large table for all the goats or does each goat have it's own document. (It's just that I've had trouble with Word when using very large tables)
I do it in Office Word. It is just a blank page and I did all the spacing. I used to use Excel but I like this better. Every goat has their own.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Example: I have Moses papers and his sire and dam's papers in with Hoof & Woming paper, a General Info one with some other stuff about him and the NKR. The does have their papers, Hoof & Worming paper, General Info, Kidding page(s) and others. I just modify it a little if I have one that is double or triple registered. btw Moses has never been wormed or had his hooves trimmed. :) :D

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
K, thank you!!!

DonnaBelle, I went ahead and sent a PM to Emily cause even though I found the link she posted earlier, I couldn't get it to work (only the feed mix and information sheet came up)