Rescue horses - need help and adopters in/around Fresno, CA

Bunny-kids

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend passed this along on Facebook, and I wanted to share it with folks who might be close enough and interested. They are picking up 150 horses in Fresno, and need adopters, but also people just to help -- other people with calm horses to ride in, people to help organize, photograph, and help in all sorts of ways.

I hope it's ok if I share here. If I was closer, I'd love to just go help, though I don't think I'm really in a position to adopt a horse.

DUH forgot link ... 150 horses need homes

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If I was closer, I would love to help and possibley adopt as well, but, I am afraid I am a long way away!!! :(

Bunny-kids

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
By the way, these are not your typical rescues. Not a bunch of sickly, starving animals, with half of them too far gone. I guess the owner realized they were not going to be able to keep giving them good care. These are nice-looking animals, in pretty good condition, all colors and ages. I think there has been indiscriminate breeding going on and them just running free, but they do come up to people.

And as I understand it, there will be no fee for adoption. Basically a nice, fairly healthy horse (or horses) for free!

And it might be possible to arrange transportation. I think these horses are going to have to be moved around a wide area, so it's worth contacting to see if something can be worked out if transportation is the only issue.

Really wish I could do more to help. If you are part of horse groups or other places you might be able to share, please do.

mandos94ss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm going to look into it. I'm moving and I think my new landlord will let me have one. Would love to help give one a home. thanks for the link!!

Latest posts