resting pads

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Does anyone use resting pads in their rabbit cages?

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I like to use a piece of untreated shelving board cut to size. They chew on the edges, rounding it off. They are easy to clean if needed. If a rabbit decides to use it as a potty board than I can get them a plastic one sold for rabbits in the pet section somewhere.

It is good for their feet and to have a resting board and they like them. :)

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's a good practice to give rabbits a place where they can rest off the wire, even if cage floor is 1/2" x 1" as recommended. There are some who don't use them and select breeders based (partly) on foot quality. A rabbit with a thick, well-furred foot *shouldn't* have problems with foot sores if there is no resting pad.

I find a couple of my rabbits like to play with theirs. They chew on them, push them around the cages, etc.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use the platic ones in the cages and the rabbits seem to use them, they do like to try and move them around :)

sonnythebunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a wooden board that I use in wire floor cage,
I wonder if rabbits feet ever get sores from wood floors???

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will get some for my bunnies.

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have a french lop buck who keeps pickin' his plastic one up and leaning it up on the wall of his cage! :lol:
I'll make him a wood one soon but but he has such a good time with the plastic one I think he'll have to have both! :)

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Rabbits are such funny little creatures. I have a NZB buck that refuses to have a urine guard on the front of his cage. Doesn't matter how secure it is he manages to take it down. I finally let him have his own way because he choose the back of the pen as a bathroom. :rolleyes: