Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talked to DS1 and he said that the Pennicilin perked up 3038 a lot. Yesterday she was so lethargic that he just wqlked up to her and gave her the injection. Tonight as soon as she saw him coming with the syringe she tried to escape! LOL He finally caught her and gave her the injection. Tomorrow DSIL2 will be arriving at the ranch - their apartment isn't available till the end of August so he is staying at the ranch when he comes in off the road. DS1 said he will have DSIL2 help catch 3038 tomorrow for her shot. LOL DS1 said he will also have him help move the fencing panels around to another area for the rams since they have cleared off the current area. DSIL2 seems to enjoy working at the ranch and helping with the sheep.
DH, DD2, and kids got in last night around 9:30 pm. So good to have DH home again. :love The little girls were knocking at the door so I came out to let them in and Annabel ran up and gave me a big hug before running into the house. I always heard that children with autism did not like to have interpersonal contact. I guess they all had a great time in Texas. Maisie caught a catfish in the pond. DD2 said they love their apartment, the complex, and town. It is in Wylie. Talked to the school and they said as soon as they are in their apartment bring
Annabel's IEP paperwork and she can start school.

Today DD1 came over with a skirt to have me take in for Elizabeth. She wants to wear it on Monday. David and Daniel came over to get paid for the brush clearance they did for us. Consternation! No checkbook! DH went through everything on the desk and in the drawers. ThenI went through everything. DH insisted he gave me the checkbook before he left on the 10th. I told him that I thought he left it on his desk. He tried to tell me that I must have used it for something. I pointed out that I had been bedridden most of the time since he left and did not touch it. Finally, having searched the desk, through the mail, and the bedroom, I looked in the top drawer of the cabinet next to my bed. It was there. Tragedy averted for grandsons. I told DH he must have put it there after I had surgery. Naturally I did not remember where it was since I was all drugged up on pain pills!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad everyone got back okay... Hope you are feeling better with the knee...
Sounds like things will work out good with the apt and all for them and the school situation with Annabel. That is great... close enough but not too close... you all will have a LIFE there on the ranch with your sheep and not alot of kids... and will have them close enough that there will be contact, and you will enjoy them more because they are not there 24/7..... I am sure when DSIL2 is off the road, they will all be coming over to your place and that will be some good visits without being tooooo much.

Best with DH's dr appts...

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talked to DS1 and he said that the Pennicilin perked up 3038 a lot. Yesterday she was so lethargic that he just wqlked up to her and gave her the injection. Tonight as soon as she saw him coming with the syringe she tried to escape! LOL He finally caught her and gave her the injection. Tomorrow DSIL2 will be arriving at the ranch - their apartment isn't available till the end of August so he is staying at the ranch when he comes in off the road. DS1 said he will have DSIL2 help catch 3038 tomorrow for her shot. LOL DS1 said he will also have him help move the fencing panels around to another area for the rams since they have cleared off the current area. DSIL2 seems to enjoy working at the ranch and helping with the sheep.
DH, DD2, and kids got in last night around 9:30 pm. So good to have DH home again. :love The little girls were knocking at the door so I came out to let them in and Annabel ran up and gave me a big hug before running into the house. I always heard that children with autism did not like to have interpersonal contact. I guess they all had a great time in Texas. Maisie caught a catfish in the pond. DD2 said they love their apartment, the complex, and town. It is in Wylie. Talked to the school and they said as soon as they are in their apartment bring
Annabel's IEP paperwork and she can start school.

Today DD1 came over with a skirt to have me take in for Elizabeth. She wants to wear it on Monday. David and Daniel came over to get paid for the brush clearance they did for us. Consternation! No checkbook! DH went through everything on the desk and in the drawers. ThenI went through everything. DH insisted he gave me the checkbook before he left on the 10th. I told him that I thought he left it on his desk. He tried to tell me that I must have used it for something. I pointed out that I had been bedridden most of the time since he left and did not touch it. Finally, having searched the desk, through the mail, and the bedroom, I looked in the top drawer of the cabinet next to my bed. It was there. Tragedy averted for grandsons. I told DH he must have put it there after I had surgery. Naturally I did not remember where it was since I was all drugged up on pain pills!
Wife has one book of checks for the ranch and I have a book of them, no chasing checkbooks. Funny is everyone in most places across the country don't take checks, not here. Here you best carry a checkbook or cash like it's the 80's or later or you will be paying a lot of purchases with interest rates. The landfill finally takes credit cars at a 2% fee.
Me I carry a checkbook cause it's rare I'm in town and cash laying around is more useful as toilet paper.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many places no longer take checks -- or they take them, run thru machine to cash at once, hand the paper CK back. 😂 Debit cards. Now, the animal & produce auctions take NO plastic....cash or check only. I have a cking account so old that I get free printed checks. :lol: I might write 6 a year. 🤷

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
More businesses here are taking checks since the new fees are getting tacked on to all card purchases. Some don't charge the debit cards, but most are charging all the card transactions. Our farm bureau co-op charges the cc fee, if you pay your bill at the end of the month for those on their own charge system... but do not charge on the cards if you pay for each transaction...... as does the local auto parts store. But most charge on everything. I make a point of asking if they charge the extra on cc's... and here it is 3.5% of the total... most places have it posted... so I write more checks than I used to .... again.

Then, there is my credit union... that pays 5% interest on checking accounts/ on the average daily balance...... IF.... you use the debit card at least 15 times in the month for at least $250.... so I use it for all the little stuff at all the places that don't charge the cc fee...gas also.....to make sure I get the 15 times/$250 minimum... and get my 5% interest... added to the checking account every month. I used to use my Walmart card when they were paying a 5% discount on in store purchases, but they have dropped it to 2% and since I don't spend that much in there, I have just gone to using my credit union debit card most times so I get the minimums done every month.

You have to play the games and do the figuring...

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hardly ever write checks except for contractor work. DH does most bill pay by email.

DS1 and DSIL2 went to the movies in Sulphr Springs today. The 10 am show is only $4.75. The seats are giant recliners and they havepuout tablets for burgers. DS1 and DSIL2 were thrilled. Movie was some sort of Dead Pool thing. First they decided to go to breakfast at the auction yard. Sadly they found out it was cash only so they didn't have enough cash on them for breakfast and decided that they couldn't go back to the house for more cash and still male the movie. Decided t d the auction yard another time.

DS1 bought some sort of large sprinkler for the garden and pasture where the grass has gotten brown. It has aluminum legs so it very lightweight. Turned it on and it got blown over by the wind. He will try staking it down next time. LOL

Payton was mowing hay today. Second cutting.
Completely done with this whole knee thing. :barnie Had to take pain pills last couple nights because I am sleeping without my leg up on foan wedge. Knee is healed enough to sleep on side but painful during the night. Still going to PT, therapist is happy with movement, doing new exercises, but bored out of my skull. Running out of detective shows on Brit Box. Started knitting again just for something to do. Made one scarf and starting on another for grandchildren. Wish I had my circular kneedles to make hats. They are in Texas with most of my yarn. Did some work on Elizabeth's skirt. Decided to add some elastic instead of ripping out seams and remaking it. That way she can take out the extra elastic when she grows bigger and can still use the skirt. It is supposed to be a uniform skirt and has shorts sewn into it. I would get out the sewing machine tomorrow and finish it but realized I am out of navy blue thread. DD1 will bring me some tomorrow and then I can finish the skirt. Going to PT tomorrow, bridge on Wednesday, PT on Thursday, rugs have been cleaned and are being delivered back on Friday. Same agenda next week with doctor's appointments, PT, and Bridge. I see my ortho next week too with xrays.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tried out the invalid toilet chair for the getting off the chair exercise. Adjusted the legs lower and put a towel over the top. Works fine. I will use it at this height until I am getting up easily, then lower it another notch to make it harder to get up. That will exercise leg muscles and knee even better. PT again today then I have to go to DMV for my driver's license renewal. Tried to fill out the form on line but it insisted that DH and I cannot share an email address! I will go in on my walker and hope to get to head of the line. I willhave to do this all over again in Texas!