Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you do an online auction for your proven ewes and lambs?

New well definitely the way to go.

Insurance is going up all over, plus companies are dropping policies. I’m just fine with my double wide, it doesn’t cost as much as a real house, so is somewhat cheaper to insure. Plus the county depreciates it on the tax rolls and taxes go down. Never thought I’d actually like living in a trailer, but it has its advantages. LOL

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talked to the well guy today (the driller not the fitration guy. The well guy said that we are definitey sitting on the Carrizo aqufer. He said that if he drills and doesn;t hit water we dont have to pay. He also said that with a new pump and lines that we would not have the problem with the heavily iron water. Going to go ahead with the well drilling.

We are playing bridge again next Wednesday. Talked to DH about the trip to Amarillo to meet DS1 and exchange the car for the truck. DH said it is 14 hours and he would drive straight through. I suggestd that since we are not oulling a trailer and are traveling in the car we might take a more scenic route and enjoy the trip. He is considering it but said he doesnt want to spend the money on more motels. :confused:

Getting lists ready for myself on stuff to take back for DS1 (item 1 a mattock) and stuff I need him to bring to us (some business files). Will pack whatever we can fit into the car and DS1 can unload it at the ranch.

DH had a post op today on eye that had already had cataract surgery. The doctor had removed the film that had developed behind his cataract lens. Surgery on his other eye on Halloween. Robert and Nicholas got their Halloween costumes yesterday. Nicholas is a truck and Robert is a digger (backhoe?) Very cute costumes made of heavy costume felt. Robert wanted to go outside and pick up dirt with his digger and put it in Nicholas' truck! DDIL2 said "No" because it would ruin the costumes that were made of fabric and did not have a real truck bed or digger bucket.

DS1 is starting a list of which sheep he feels we should sell. A couple that have not grown properly, and another that he doesn't like her udder, etc.

Really bored here. 🥱

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Talked to the well guy today (the driller not the fitration guy. The well guy said that we are definitey sitting on the Carrizo aqufer. He said that if he drills and doesn;t hit water we dont have to pay. He also said that with a new pump and lines that we would not have the problem with the heavily iron water. Going to go ahead with the well drilling.

We are playing bridge again next Wednesday. Talked to DH about the trip to Amarillo to meet DS1 and exchange the car for the truck. DH said it is 14 hours and he would drive straight through. I suggestd that since we are not oulling a trailer and are traveling in the car we might take a more scenic route and enjoy the trip. He is considering it but said he doesnt want to spend the money on more motels. :confused:
My dh never liked driving after he had a couple wrecks, so I got to be the designated driver on our longer trips. And I therefore got to pick the route. I've done 15 hours in one day, never again. When I closed my eyes at the hotel that time all I could see was headlights and the painted lines in the road. The farthest I will drive now in a day is less than 500 miles, preferably closer to 400.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not advisable to do a long trip like that after the knee replacements...NON-STOP...... Only been what, 3-4 months???? If you get a blood clot or something, then DH will wish he hadn't been such a horses' Patootie... about one or 2 motels. Besides, how many more times are you planning to drive back and forth? Better stop and enjoy it while you can...

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Not advisable to do a long trip like that after the knee replacements...NON-STOP...... Only been what, 3-4 months???? If you get a blood clot or something, then DH will wish he hadn't been such a horses' Patootie... about one or 2 motels. Besides, how many more times are you planning to drive back and forth? Better stop and enjoy it while you can...
That is an excellent point. Stopping every 1-2 hours to stretch and walk briskly to get the blood flowing in your legs would be best. IMO.

My surgeon was old fashioned, wouldn't allow me to ride in a car for six weeks after my THR (total hip replacement) but I didn't get any blood clots.

Latest posts