Scottish Blackface

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Nice pics!! I bet the rams are looking forward to breeding season. I swear when we put the marking harnesses on the boys they seem to know what was going on!

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:D.....I think so.....The rams know.....love is in the air. I'm going to use 4 or 5 rams this year..... Winter is so close and Spring will be an eternity from now.....

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks...... I'm kind of partial to Scottish Blackface..... I've had the breed since June of 1996.... Here is a photo of a photo....so sorry that it's blurred......these are two rams that I used about 4 years ago.....the ram on the left had wool to the ground.
3034_sheep_pics_111_008.jpg

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Another photo of one of this Spring's ewe lambs.....she was the last lamb born this year......
3034_sheep_pics_4_mack_isle_085.jpg

Heavenly Springs Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They are beautiful.

How is their wool? I am a spinner. When I get sheep, I want to get ones that have good wool for spinning. I have a friend with Shetland sheep. I love spinning their wool.

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The Scottish Blackface have a longer, coarse wool.....double coated. Used primarily for outer garments (tweed).....and rugs. I'm breeding for length and fineness of wool in my Blackies. This is Deirdre ......she has very long wool...and it's not very coarse. She's one of my favorites.....
3034_sheep_2011_054.jpg